044 vs 268xp? Who wins?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

044 vs 268xp? Which is faster?

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • 268xp

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

mattmc2003

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am interested in some opinions here. The poll is to represent opinions on cutting speed only. Which one do you believe is faster in equal conditions. Same bar, chain, wood, etc. If you have opinions on either, post them. But don't let likes/dislikes affect the poll. It is based on cutting speed only. Thanks.

I am getting opinions for an argument with a guy i work with. Says he had 044's some years ago, and the guy cutting timber for him said he wanted something that would cut better, so he told him to go pick it out. He came back with 268xp's. Said they cut circles around the 044. I am wantin info to back up my argument of...no way. He's always sayin you gotta have husky cause they are much faster. I just thought this would be interesting. I am looking for any info i can get, because i don't have either to try out at the moment.

Your buddy is a tool...

268 is a great saw... but not that great...

No poll necessary...

Plus, no offense... but saw vs. saw polls are old hat...

Gary

Gary,

Don't make me come over there and do an oil vs. oil poll.

Joat

044, no doubt at all - lighter and more power + inboard clutch.....:givebeer:

Trouble with that statement is that I never ran either, it is based on specs only.......

Last edited:
Well, it may be an old thing, but its the only way to get one on one opinions about two different saws. Plus, everything ever posted (just about anyways) have been covered. I could make up some crap if ya'll wanted something new. Why not take two seconds to write what you think? No harm to do so.

Well, it may be an old thing, but its the only way to get one on one opinions about two different saws. Plus, everything ever posted (just about anyways) have been covered. I could make up some crap if ya'll wanted something new. Why not take two seconds to write what you think? No harm to do so.

That's just it... Don't make up crap for the sake of makin' up crap... that's how crappy threads get started and everybodies attitudes towards them are crap...

:)

Gary

But this is a site for makin threads. A forum, i think it is. With a selection of these threads, many to choose from. And it is up to the reader to decide whether or not to post...so if you think its crappy to get an opinion, which is what many are here for, move along to another thread.

Hmmmm, I wish we had a 268XP to run against my 044/440`s but we only have 266XP`s and they don`t even come close. I vote for the 044/440`s as I own and run a few of them and know what they can do. The 372 now that is close,real close.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back