044 vs 268xp? Who wins?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

044 vs 268xp? Which is faster?

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • 268xp

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters
I,m a Bad boy Billy

Well I wish I did not leave that response . I had a very bad day. sorry for the spelling . also sorry for the rude comment. :dizzy: :dizzy:

When the 044 first came out in 1988/1989 the Husqvarna 268 was the competition for Stihl. I worked fulltime for Stihl in 1989 doing rep work with the dealers and end users and the 044 impressed alot of people but when the cold freezing winter came the 044 didn't do so well, carbs icing up, lean seizures. The 268 just kept on cutting as usual as it was designed to do in any climate. It took almost 5 years later for Stihl to market the Artic [heated carb] to eliminate that icing problem. I still have some neat old brochures I used to pass out .It was the 044 versus the 268, and there was a chrome sticker tag that you could peel off and put it on a Husqvarna 268 as the brochure instructed to do. It said Stihl 044AV.

When the 044 first came out in 1988/1989 the Husqvarna 268 was the competition for Stihl. I worked fulltime for Stihl in 1989 doing rep work with the dealers and end users and the 044 impressed alot of people but when the cold freezing winter came the 044 didn't do so well, carbs icing up, lean seizures. The 268 just kept on cutting as usual as it was designed to do in any climate. It took almost 5 years later for Stihl to market the Artic [heated carb] to eliminate that icing problem. I still have some neat old brochures I used to pass out .It was the 044 versus the 268, and there was a chrome sticker tag that you could peel off and put it on a Husqvarna 268 as the brochure instructed to do. It said Stihl 044AV.

I'd like to see those brochures. You got a scanner???

I'd like to see those brochures. You got a scanner???

I thought the same thing about AS members wanting to see it ,but you will have to show me how to do it parrisw. I learnt how to post pics from your old thread. Yes my HP210 says printer-scanner-copier on it . What do I do ,I tried posting scanned pics before but they wouldn't post.

I thought the same thing about AS members wanting to see it ,but you will have to show me how to do it parrisw. I learnt how to post pics from your old thread. Yes my HP210 says printer-scanner-copier on it . What do I do ,I tried posting scanned pics before but they wouldn't post.

If you can get them scanned, you can email them to me, and I'll post them up. Most likely your scanned images are too big, need to resize. Let me know. Have you had success scanning images before?

If you can get them scanned, you can email them to me, and I'll post them up. Most likely your scanned images are too big, need to resize. Let me know. Have you had success scanning images before?

I downloaded scanned photos into my HP photo and imaging bank ok and resized under 300 but the AS site says wrong format. PM me your e-mail address.

I downloaded scanned photos into my HP photo and imaging bank ok and resized under 300 but the AS site says wrong format. PM me your e-mail address.

PM sent.

Yes you need to save as the correct file type, its listed on AS when you go to upload a file, which ones are accepted.

Send me the pics I'll see what I can do.

Will

attachment.php
[/IMG][/IMG]

I think I figured this out ,here goes parrisw.
Well not as good as I hoped it would be ,what did I do wrong?

Last edited:
Looks pretty good for the most part. The 044 decal is a little dark. Is that how big the brochures are?

What DPI are you scanning at?

The brochure is about 10"x6", the 044 decal is chromed so I guess it scanned reflective. I e-mailed the 3 page pics to you so post them on here and we'll see how they turn out. The second page is really blurry on my monitor.
LOL what does DPI mean?
Ok got it dots per inch.

Last edited:
The brochure is about 10"x6", the 044 decal is chromed so I guess it scanned reflective. I e-mailed the 3 page pics to you so post them on here and we'll see how they turn out. The second page is really blurry on my monitor.

Hey, just got them, they look about the same. Maybe scan in at higher resolution.

LOL what does DPI mean?

I just went back to the 2nd image and now its clear on my monitor, somebody must have cleaned it up on AS side. So I guess you won't need to post them parrisw.:)

I just went back to the 2nd image and now its clear on my monitor, somebody must have cleaned it up on AS side. So I guess you won't need to post them parrisw.:)

Cool, good to hear, keep plugging away, and soon you'll amaze yourself again and again.

When you scan an image, do you just stick the paper in a push a button? Or do you have to go through image software and click scan? If so does a window come up with some options? If so it will be in there, should be a DPI setting.

Latest posts

Back