056 mag II wont start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlcnc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My 056 Mag II ran fine last time i used it but when i went to start it up earlier today it wouldn't fire. I took out the plug to check for spark and saw that the plug was dry and it was getting good spark. I cleaned the carb, put it back on and it ran bogging down for about 30sec. then died. I then noticed there was a good amount of gas leaking out from the bottom of the carb.

Time for a rebuild kit or could there be another problem? Any help would be great.

Probably time for a carb kit. Also blow out the line, and check/replace the fuel filter. Whatever you do, be pretty careful with that thing until you get it tuned properly. Pistons are not available anymore, except for aftermarket. I have not heard any reports on them yet. You will be in a bad way if that piston gets scored.

Yeah I put it together right it's a walbro. There are two locating pins on the bottom cover so you cant put the gasket and fuel screen on backwards. I guess i could have put them on in the wrong order though should the screen go against the carb or the cover?

Sorry, about that but you are right. I just took an 056MagII carb apart. I think my problem was that I used the wrong diaphram in the kit not paying attention and the saw ran but blew gas out the hole in the cover.

At any rate , put a new kit in it. If it's not leaking around the shaft it has to be around the gaskets or diaphram.

Bad to get oid an have oltimers disease,.

Will it run with a little mix in the carb intake? If so it might be a carb problem.

If it runs/ran from 30 sec to ca. 15 minutes, then dies, might be ignition.

Bosch ignitions would go bad on 056 saws and give owners fits: run fine for a bit until the coil heated up. If you have bosch, and it is bad, look for SEM setup, the ignition is shared with stihl cutoff saws, but the proper flywheel is hard to find.

Thanks for the offer zero junck but my brother is friends with a guy whose family ownes a stihl dealer. I just don't like to play the friend card all the time if I can help it. Plus their really busy this time of year.

Latest posts

Back