056 mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osb_mail

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just bought a 056 mag
2144700350_0688f8ca0d_m.jpg
[/IMG]

A guy I talked to in WI has one just gone through for $300.

NOT ME
056mag that just got back from the sthil shop , they put in a new flywheel and ignition, carb kit , advanced the timing,eight pin sprocket,will sell with or w/o bar and chain. 365.00 worth of work will let go for 300.00 or offer.

Last edited:
I snagged mine this year from Craigslist for $100 with less than 25 hours on it. The guy was moving and was desperate to unload it quickly.

$45 of carb work later it's a great saw. Can't see any scoring on the piston either.

$200 is still a good find.

Be careful guys.. just 'cos it says "mag" on the tag doesn't mean it is... labels are cheap and handles get swapped around all the time.

I dont figure that this has the tag switched or the guy would have been asking 300 dollars . For about the last 10 years I have been wanting a saw of this size .Finally a crossed one I could afford .Hey I am to take it to a buddy house and compression test it what is the good reading for this saw .

I got 3 056s and two 038s from a logger friend. To quote him after the second time they break down "it costs me more running to fix them....", so he throws them in his shed.

The 056s had a good runner after switching an ignition from a DOA, the 038 mag had sawdust in the carb diaphragm. Both ran so good I brought new bars for each .

Reminds me, haven't visited/checked the shed in a year..........

A guy I talked to in WI has one just gone through for $300.

NOT ME
056mag that just got back from the sthil shop , they put in a new flywheel and ignition, carb kit , advanced the timing,eight pin sprocket,will sell with or w/o bar and chain. 365.00 worth of work will let go for 300.00 or offer.

This one is an example of swapped handles - I just went though this (by email and pics) with another AS member - it's a super, not a mag..

OK am not really to worried if it is mag or not but I would guess that it is so what kind of compression should this saws have ?
2143905657_cb10a0151e_m.jpg

Latest posts

Back