056 mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some more pictures

2179664002_4da68bb242_m.jpg
2179663978_f4c445de23_m.jpg
2179663950_17f850c604_m.jpg
2178874279_fd730fe095_m.jpg
chainsaw parts

Nice!

If you have dirt (grit) in the bearings, punch out the seals and flush large quanities of mix though the case and out though the bearings.... If not you'll end up with junk trapped between the bearings and seals. I've been known to use a garden hose, followed by alcohol then mix...

the crank bearing look clean and I am sacred to take them out it looks technical.

uh oh... I think I posted about flushing the bearings in the wrong 056 thread! Don't touch yours if they are clean!!

Last edited:
56 and 56 mag

I've run 3 types of 056's... The 056AV Super, the 056 Mag, and the Mag II. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between them in power and torque... The Mag seemed to rev a little higher, i.e. rpm's than the super did, but the AV Super seemed to have a little more low end grunt when I was biting in with the dawgs... All had 32" bars on them cutting ponderosa pine larger than 30"... My cousin has a 056 AV Super with not many hours at all for sale for $600. The guy he got it from used it not much at all, only to cut large willow trees for his landscaping business. Are they worth this much? I paid $450 for my 056 MagII that I have, and it's not in near the shape of his 056 AV Super... This sucker has some unbelievable compression for a saw this age... Thoughts?? Input guys???

:popcorn: :cheers:

IMO $500 and $600 is quite a bit to pay for 056's...but in all honesty I don't know much about them and I'm not a collector.

Maybe

IMO $500 and $600 is quite a bit to pay for 056's...but in all honesty I don't know much about them and I'm not a collector.

I'd prolly agree with you, but really when you think about it compare it to a new 660 or another saw around 100CC's. If you can get a mint 056 for 5 or $600 your saving and getting a saw with about twice the torque of the newer epa 90+cc models... Touche' ????

:cheers: eh?

I'd prolly agree with you, but really when you think about it compare it to a new 660 or another saw around 100CC's. If you can get a mint 056 for 5 or $600 your saving and getting a saw with about twice the torque of the newer epa 90+cc models... Touche' ????

Yes your probably right...I've just never been around too many 056's to grow a fondness for them. On the other hand if you asked me if I thought a mint like new 038 mag or mag II was worth 450 I'd say yes ;).

Twice the torque maybe, but slower than hades! :popcorn:

I also notice that this bar has no sprocket I read in the 056 gutless wonder that this could be a problem .

I've run 3 types of 056's... The 056AV Super, the 056 Mag, and the Mag II. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between them in power and torque... The Mag seemed to rev a little higher, i.e. rpm's than the super did, but the AV Super seemed to have a little more low end grunt when I was biting in with the dawgs... All had 32" bars on them cutting ponderosa pine larger than 30"... My cousin has a 056 AV Super with not many hours at all for sale for $600. The guy he got it from used it not much at all, only to cut large willow trees for his landscaping business. Are they worth this much? I paid $450 for my 056 MagII that I have, and it's not in near the shape of his 056 AV Super... This sucker has some unbelievable compression for a saw this age... Thoughts?? Input guys???

:popcorn: :cheers:
I sold my 056magII for 500.00 I payed 300.00for it. But it was a almost like new condition saw.However I did sell it with two bars and three chains a 32'' and a 20'' The 20'' was 3/8 with a 9 pin rim the 32 was .404 with Square 2 loops off it. It helped pay for my Dolmar 7900.
It was a very torque saw and with a 9 pin rim had some speed to it. But it never did have the power of my SP105 Mac, But you can get parts for them I cant say the same about my Mac but then Macs only need the air filter as they never breakdown:D Really my 056 never broke down or ever needed anything but it is nice to know you can sthil get parts for one. I also got rid of my 041 Super actually I sold both to brothers But Stihl heads will pay a premium:popcorn: Really the sale of the 041 was to help out a friend who had his 044 stolen I happened to sell him that 044 also.

Wrong... It's "max" rpm is only 500 less then the 660... but it's not twice the torque either ;)

So how does the torque compare to a 660? Or an 051 too?

How do they all pull a 36" bar? I know the 051 is the slowest, and I'd imagine the 660 is faster than the 056 too right?

So how does the torque compare to a 660? Or an 051 too?

How do they all pull a 36" bar? I know the 051 is the slowest, and I'd imagine the 660 is faster than the 056 too right?
I never ran a 066 but in the hand it felt much more nimble
if you can use that word to describe a 90 cc saw than the 056 did. As to a 36'' bar don't know my trees are not that big!

Latest posts

Back