056 mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The max power of of the 056M2 is 5KW (6.8hp) at 9000 rpm.

The 660 (stock - current EPA model) is 5.2KW (7.1hp) at 9500 rpm.
The old redlight era 066 is 5.0KW (6.8hp) at 9500rpm, max torque of 4.1ft/lb at 6500rpm.
The 066 magnum after OSHA regs had the dual port removed was 5.4kw (7.2hp).
The 066 Magnum (dual port model) is higher, (like 7.7hp?) but I don't have the number at hand.

I'll look for the missing numbers...

Last edited:
Wrong... It's "max" rpm is only 1000 less then the 660... but it's not twice the torque either ;)
+1 056magII, not slow no matter what stock saw you put against it. A hotsaw probably, but stock the magII's kick. I agree, not "twice" the torque but significantly more than most including the 066. Old+ heavy yes, slow no!

+1 056magII, not slow no matter what stock saw you put against it. A hotsaw probably, but stock the magII's kick. I agree, not "twice" the torque but significantly more than most including the 066. Old+ heavy yes, slow no!
hmm I liked my 056 but it never seemed to have the snap that my 105 has I know the mac is a bigger saw. I never put a tach on it in the wood but out of the wood the 056 was a higher rpm saw but in the wood seemed to slow down more and yes it did actually cut slower. Both using the same chain .404 the mac is two drive links shorter.
Again I know the mac is a bigger saw by about 10cc or so.
But paper numbers are fun even if I can't really make use of it in a real tree!And the bottom line for me is big saw's are fun! But I rather cut my firewood with something a wee bit lighter.

Well I got my saw back together seem to be running pretty good . It s not the kind of saw I am used to it seems to have lower rpms but a lot of power I do think I might still rebuild the carb not sure yet .I also think if I get into using it much I will buy A new bar one that has a sprocket nose this one does not and seems to get hot .

Latest posts

Back