056 MAGNUM II ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirko

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Folks,,any chance some one may have an ignition coil in good working order to suit a 056 MAGNUM II :bang::bang::bang:

There has been a couple of threads on that topic quite recently, have you tried the search?

Ebay Germany may be the best place to look.

can any one shed some light on the biggest length bar this saw would run happily,,
will be used to cut large pre felled very dry hard wood,,operating a firewood supply
service in our off seasons and the smaller saws are just not up to the job,,
any clues to chain type for this wood,, am using semi chisel and sharpening after every tank full
sorry for so many questions but it is hard to beat a voice of experience,:msp_biggrin::confused::confused:

can any one shed some light on the biggest length bar this saw would run happily,,
will be used to cut large pre felled very dry hard wood,,operating a firewood supply
any clues to chain type for this wood,, am using semi chisel and sharpening after every tank full
sorry for so many questions but it is hard to beat a voice of experience,:msp_biggrin::confused::confused:

I guess that depends on what you call "happily", and shorter is of course better....

Hard woods

My 056 M2 saws all tend to run low on oil flow rates with a 32" bar in dead dry & hard wood. Maybe
the oil pumps are all on their last legs & I cut when it's hot in the summer, but they are adjusted to
the maximum.

You can pull a longer bar as far as torque is concerned though. If the wood is really dry & you're
running full toothed chain (no skip), I'd stick to a limit of a 32" Stihl ES bar & a 7 tooth rim sprocket.

Also, you can run low viscosity "winter" grade bar oil to help the flow too, whether it's 105°F or zero
outside.

Ive got a 056 magll and had to replace the ignition (sems) at a price of 110.00 plus shipping back in the spring. found it on fleebay. When youve got an old saw that you value they just have to sit on the shelf a little longer till you can find the parts to fix them. Ive got a bunch of older saws so its not that big of a deal to me and I dont cut timber for a living. Rick!

G day Ricky,, what ignition did you use,,?? is it necessary to pull out fly wheel to get to coil,,i nearly pulled the whole saw apart and still couldnt get to coil,,stopped short of flywheel as i aint no mechanic and got a bit nervous when i saw the pile of parts building up
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Its under the flywheel. Put the saw back together and pull the flywheel

Sent from my USCCADR3305 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks gentlemen,,
ok so i have recoil starter off and the nut in the centre of flywheel removed,,but the flywheel is still holding rock solid,,obviously i have missed something important,,:confused2::confused2:more help please:biggrin::biggrin:please

It's on a tapered shaft, every one I have pulled is on there real good.

You need a puller designed for the purpose, made my own,.

Also be careful when putting the small screws (3) for the puller, the coil/trigger are not too far under the flywheel.

If it turns out to be a Bosch, I believe the Greek sells a coil for them. ('bout half of the going rate)

Use a puller, don't think you will get it off any other way without damaging something.

Dunno,

Think I remember Lakeside talking about 056 mag ignitions years back.

Seems there were three systems that were put on them?

Points/Bosch/SEM.

That Stihl puller won't work if it's a Bosch.

Latest posts

Back