056 super project/ with holes..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i was reunited with my 056 super electronic quickstop today and after not having seen the saw for years since the clutch blew up.9

The first thing on my mind was compression. feels like about 140 mabe 150 but we will see. My bigger concern is the hole in the case that opens up to the oiler gear.
Was this a common problem with 056's?

Has anyone fixed somthin like this? I want to tear my 056 all the way down and do it up real big like. fresh everything!! so would getting some new case pieces be a better idea? i have to get a clutch cover,full wrap bars,mounts and a clutch so far..

What i need is a good parts saw...

I will try and get pictures up on here but chances are slim..

THANKS!

045/056 cases should be easy to find, and cheap.

Make sure to check the upper left rear AV mount hole in the tank assembly. Tends to hog out pretty seriously. Search my thread 056 Mag 2 Tank repair or AV mount repair, I don't remember which. Hole should be round and not ovalized too far. It is repairable if caught early.

Bada$$ saws, but heavy.

Looking forward to this post as I have an 045 super I'm working on now,.. As soon as I get the main bearings and seals out and miched I'll help you with the bearing numbers and supply if you need it. I think cheapstihlparts has some gaskets left for the rebuild. Time to giterdone!!

I saw thoes. I also want to replace the ignition or mabe just the spark plug

wire.

And i keep thinking about mag-ing it. can the jug be punched out to 56mm or should i just geta 56mm p&c?

Latest posts

Back