064 coil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepyfz450

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got a freebie 064 with no spark. the saw is beat really really beat but he said it ran and then one day no spark. I threw a new plug in it and still no spark. here is a pic of the coil
DSC02269.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

any way to test the coil out of the saw?

I pulled the coil out of my 046 but it is a little different. i would just hate to buy a 60 dollar coil and have that not work aswell. any advice would be appreciated.

thanks a lot i really appreciate it. i will be getting one of those. what is the proper gap when installed? i guess if i get the thing running it will be time to start cleaning it up.

Not sure on the exact air gap to flywheel but several people on here say use a business card.
This may not work if companies in your area hand out cards made of either tissue paper or plywood!

I think .0.08 0r .008 I have been using a old worn piece of sand paper and it has been working for me . I have same problem with my 064 no spark and i put a 044 coil in it that was supposed to be the same and timing was off. so jacob . j say i can get a universal one to work but some of then do not have the dog leg on them so i,m still looking for one . but i have an 028 i might try that coil to see if the timing is the same for my model 064 the make three different one so it get,s a Little tricky . good luck Bill :dizzy:

I just picked up a older 066 with the 1311 coil that was bad. I installed a
1122-400-1314 and got spark I believe it is a regular 66 coil ,cheap on ebay.
I used a businss card for the gap.
The Saw had other issues so I sent to Brad and he fixed her up
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=117450

The coil on the left is the bad one like yours #1311. Coil on the right is a 1314and works fine
Might work on a 64??

Picture.jpg

Last edited:
I think .0.08 0r .008 I have been using a old worn piece of sand paper and it has been working for me . I have same problem with my 064 no spark and i put a 044 coil in it that was supposed to be the same and timing was off. so jacob . j say i can get a universal one to work but some of then do not have the dog leg on them so i,m still looking for one . but i have an 028 i might try that coil to see if the timing is the same for my model 064 the make three different one so it get,s a Little tricky . good luck Bill :dizzy:

Bill- you said that was an 046 coil that you tried. The 046 coil will have different timing than the 1122 400 1311. The universal coils made after 1984 do not have the dogleg on them, but they will work fine.

I just picked up a older 066 with the 1311 coil that was bad. I installed a
1122-400-1314 and got spark I believe it is a regular 66 coil ,cheap on ebay.
I used a businss card for the gap.
The Saw had other issues so I sent to Brad and he fixed her up
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=117450

The coil on the left is the bad one like yours #1311. Coil on the right is a 1314and works fine
Might work on a 64??

The 1314 coil is for the polymer flywheel 066s and it will work fine as a replacement for the 1311 coil. In fact, that is the replacement that's called for in the IPLs.

Jacob; I have changed a lot of coils to fit other applications bu sliding the black coil component off the holding frame and swapping on another good coil unit onto the particular frame that fits the saw you are working on. I have not done this for the 064 but it looks like it could be done.
Pioneerguy600

Back