064 got me stumped!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, SOME do... all depends on the ignition coil in use. Most 064 try to rip my damn fingers of even when correctly set. If the key is wrong.. in the "too advanced" position it's almost impossible to avoid injury anytime you start.

Last edited:
as far as the carb adj. i backed idle screw back until it wasn't touching linkage, then snuck it up real slow to where it was barely touching the linkage. i gently screwed the low idle all the way in and backed off 1 half turn. then gently screwed the high all the way in and backed it out 1 full turn. choke it for 2-3 pulls until it hits. lock the throttle and 2 pulls it will fire. wind in the idle screw a little and it fires up. i run the low idle screw in just barely, maybe 1/32 of a turn. then it likes it if i wind the high screw out about a 1/4-1/2 turn more. it idles low but the chain still kinda bumps its way around the bar. if i throw the brake on it idles o.k. but dies after a min. or min. and a half, unless i play the throttle to keep it running. but all in all it sounds pretty good at idle and wide open. until, that is, i put it to some wood. once it gets a load on it it falls flat on it's face. while cutting through a round if i run the high until it's about 1/4 turn out from closed it seems to enjoy that very much. i don't lean it all the way out, once it's crisp i back it out just a little until it 4 strokes? you know blubbers just a little at top end. once i'm through the wood or let back to an idle it dies almost instantly. then in order to start it again, i have to set the carb back to where it was when i initially started it. i hope all of that makes sense, if not i'll have to go start it and take notes but i'm pretty sure that's the deal.

i've got a couple things to do but when i'm done i'll check back and figure out how to vacuum test it and get started on that.

thanks again, Jon

Latest posts

Back