064 problems. Advice?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poorboypaul

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Been on here a while, Now need advice on a couple saws. Rebuilding an 064. Installed aftermarket piston and rings, now the piston skirt is bottoming out on the crank counterweight. Is it because it's aftermarket, or is something else going on? Crank bearings appear to be in good shape. Installed new crank seals. Also, rebuilt an Echo cs 400. New piston, rings, rebuilt the carb. Saw is still having fuel issues. Starts on prime but isn't getting gas to stay running. Finally figured out the fuel line routing(now I see why you guys hate primer bulb saws.) Is there a tank vent on this pos somewhere? Hole in a line somewhere? I'm mechanically inclined, but trouble shooting problems has been difficult, even what I've learned here. Just need to get some hands-on to figure things out. Can't learn how to do stuff because you read the book.

Been on here a while, Now need advice on a couple saws. Rebuilding an 064. Installed aftermarket piston and rings, now the piston skirt is bottoming out on the crank counterweight. Is it because it's aftermarket, or is something else going on? Crank bearings appear to be in good shape. Installed new crank seals. Also, rebuilt an Echo cs 400. New piston, rings, rebuilt the carb. Saw is still having fuel issues. Starts on prime but isn't getting gas to stay running. Finally figured out the fuel line routing(now I see why you guys hate primer bulb saws.) Is there a tank vent on this pos somewhere? Hole in a line somewhere? I'm mechanically inclined, but trouble shooting problems has been difficult, even what I've learned here. Just need to get some hands-on to figure things out. Can't learn how to do stuff because you read the book.

what aftermarket piston and rings in the 064? Have you changed the filter and fuel lines in the echo?

Back