10,000 Posts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then you'd be complaining about the weight! Ever seen that $3.00 part broken or damaged?

Well I be dayum, thats where that 2 ounces came from 361 and 357.:jester: :ices_rofl:
Just joking guys.

But had a nice chain slinger on the 84 not long ago at wot in a long cut and she tore into some shiny stuff on the crankcase side and took out the Ole style 84 deflector.

You got a pics of damage ST? I never paid attention to that on the one I sold.

Last edited:
Yes, it is on mine, after a RM chain derailed (my own fault - stump cutting without running the chain in first) - didn't know that it was that cheap - but I will keep it as it is, as a reminder, even though it takes a couple of extra strokes with a brush to clean out the crud in there.....

so.. you scratched it or did you tear though it? They have been "plastic" on stihl's since way back on the 045... maybe earlier..

Well I be dayum, thats where that 2 ounces came from 361 and 357.:jester: :ices_rofl: ... You got a pics of damage ST? I never paid attention to that on the one I sold.

You may well be right, at least you admit there is a difference this time, but I rather think that the smooth mag right side of the 361 weights somewhat less than the bulky plastic one of the Husky....

The damage?? no pics, just a 1 1/2" tear trough the plasic, along the spring (spring exposed) - I dont think it means a thing, but it takes about 2.4737784 seconds extra to clean it when I have that side of the saw apart.......

Which I had that time to spare......

Last edited:
You may well be right, at least you admit there is a difference this time, but I rather think that the smooth mag right side of the 361 weights somewhat less than the bulky plastic one of the Husky....

The damage?? no pics, just a 1 1/2" tear trough the plasic, along the spring - I dont think it means a thing, but it takes about 2.4737784 seconds extra to clean it when I have that side of the saw apart.......

1135 021 1103... Fix it.. $8.50 list.. keeps the junk out of your spring. I've never sold one.. you must be real hard on your equip ;)

You may well be right, at least you admit there is a difference this time, but I rather think that the smooth mag right side of the 361 weights somewhat less than the bulky plastic one of the Husky.

ST did you see the Joking man. I wasn't being serious once again on the weights.

All I know is my 357 and 361 weighed the same with 16" b + c's of the same type and filled up with mix and oil. As used.

Not empty powerheads and no b+c's, some weigh without bar covers too. :dizzy:

ST did you see the Joking man. I wasn't being serious once again on the weights.

All I know is my 357 and 361 weighed the same with 16" b + c's of the same type and filled up with mix and oil. As used.

Not empty powerheads and no b+c's, some weigh without bar covers too. :dizzy:

Yes, but the bars weren't the same, as I recall it - only same lenght.......:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back