10,000 Posts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll is one of the people that makes AS what it is for me. I always enjoy what he has to say about any topic.

Over 10,000 posts and still typing. WTG, Mr. SawTroll!

Congrats on 10x century number of posts.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Your wealth of info is invaluable, and part of reason I bought the 361.:chainsaw: to replace the aging Jonsered 621 which was too heavy:lifter:

All the knowledgable people on this site provide others with much needed info they can use.

CONGRATULATIONS

Motor saw portal whats that?

It's a german chainsaw forum ( www.motorsaegen-portal.de ) in which I post also from time to time. The site owner is a 17 y old saw collector.

Some members are very knowledgeable and it's also handy to compare findings with are expressed here, but the result is very often : "Stihl rules" :laugh: :laugh:

It's a german chainsaw forum ( www.motorsaegen-portal.de ) in which I post also from time to time. The site owner is a 17 y old saw collector.

Some members are very knowledgeable and it's also handy to compare findings with are expressed here, but the result is very often : "Stihl rules" :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, I also post there from time to time, what surprices me a bit is that Oregon bars seem to be held in higher regard in Germany, than in the US......

...and I think Martin is a bit older than 17 by now........:yoyo: :yoyo:

Congrats on 10x century number of posts.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Your wealth of info is invaluable, and part of reason I bought the 361.:chainsaw: to replace the aging Jonsered 621 which was too heavy:lifter:

All the knowledgable people on this site provide others with much needed info they can use.

CONGRATULATIONS

I like the 621 as well, probably the best of its class in the early 1970s, and still very good for bucking in the yard etc......:rockn: :rockn:

10.029 here + 260 in Motorsägen-portal = 10.289; congrats

I have some posts on six other saw related forums as well, maybe 1k altogether, that German one is number 4 on my post count list......

AS sure has the largest turnaround of info that I can relate to, and the most funny one also!!!!

Last edited:
I just happened to hit this tread, when doing a search - but I notised your post, and I think your father need to smack you.....:jawdrop:

Tell it like it is Sawtroll, you like that 361 better than that 372, I know you do because I do too,hehe

Now Now, Tommy. Be nice.

The 372xp is a nicer made machine, where it counts, but the 361 fit my wood better.
Where it doesn't count (right side) the 361 is much nicer.....

The weak point of the 361 is the plastic around the clutch, that cover the chain brake spring etc - that should have been metal, as it is on our other saws .....

Last edited:
The weak point of the 361 is the plastic around the clutch, that cover the chain brake spring etc - that should have been metal, as it is on our other saws .....

Then you'd be complaining about the weight! Ever seen that $3.00 part broken or damaged?

Then you'd be complaining about the weight! Ever seen that $3.00 part broken or damaged?

Yes, it is on mine, after a RM chain derailed (my own fault - stump cutting without running the chain in first) - didn't know that it was that cheap - but I will keep it as it is, as a reminder, even though it takes a couple of extra strokes with a brush to clean out the crud in there.....

Last edited:
Back