11 stolen chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokechaser

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just found out that the local Oregon Department of Forestry office got their garage broken into and 9 MS440's, 1 044, and a 660 got swiped this past weekend. They all have ODF engraved into the cases and the rear handles. They should all have a ODF sticker on the inside of the air filter cover. I can provide serial numbers if anyone come up with a saw that matches this description. This is the second time in 5 years that they've been hit. If anyone comes up with a suspect saw, let me know please.
Thief(s) left two brand new saws without bars laying there. I guess cause they didn't have bars on them.
All saws have a 32" bar on them except the 660 has a 36".

Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

UPDATE:

It turns out there was only 7 total saws taken. 4 of the ms440's turned up in another garage. Seems someone put them in a different storage place than normal. Nothing new though. Whoever the methhead(s) are that took them is probably rolling in the cash now.
I hope these guys burn in H*LL.:angry2:

Yep they made it to the nearest pawn shop or to ebay. Probably the same guys who took them before.

Many years ago, we had five 051AV's stolen during a breakin. The boneheads took them to another dealer in the boxes wanting bars and chains installed. When asked what size, they said whatever comes standard on them. Sheesh. The shop owner said come back in 30. The police were waiting for them when they returned.

Back