13 year old running a MS660!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup yup. I'm sure the old timers the used those big heavy saws back in the good ole days look at saws today and go man, wish I had a 20 lb saw back when I was sawing, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Tell you what you want heavy, I still cut with old grandad once and awhile and just for the fun of it I will run his, what he calls his new saw which is an old 090 with A 42" on it. You run that for an hour and then go back to A 575 or 460 and tell me if it's still heavy.

Tell you what you want heavy, I still cut with old grandad once and awhile and just for the fun of it I will run his, what he calls his new saw which is an old 090 with A 42" on it. You run that for an hour and then go back to A 575 or 460 and tell me if it's still heavy.

You got it,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I guess allot depends on how strong the kid is. Most 13 year old's thees day's are sissy's. They rather have the character they play in a video game walk a mile than themselves!But not all kid's are lazy, as long as they are fit I don't see a problem with it. Just think when this guy is 18 and swinging that saw around. It's going to be second nature to him.
I would rather see that than him sitting in front of the computer all day!
I have a excuse for myself it is dark outside and I just finished splitting a half cord of wood!:monkey:

Hmmmmmmmmmm our first pansy has been spotted,LOLOLOL

Pansy1.jpg

Looks like Stihl colors to me. :cheers:

Stihl_MS260.JPG

I like to laugh at the weight discussions as well.

My dad tells stories about logging in North Idaho in the 60's. Grandpa had an old Ford and an old International all bunked up. When he started they were loading with an A frame and a winch on a cat. They could only do short logs cause the cat wouldnt pick the long logs. My uncle cut, Grandpa ran the skidding cat and my dad bucked on the landing. When they got a load grandpa would haul it into town. Dad was too small to start the old Homlite that he was bucking with so he had to fuel it while it was running so he didnt have to try to start it.

Things are much different today and I think that a little bit of hard work could do us all some good. Not saying that 'back in the day' was the safest or the best but it worked at the time.

Pansy1.jpg

Looks like Stihl colors to me. :cheers:

Stihl_MS260.JPG

Off subject again, should hold you in contempt but since you got such a nice pic of the worlds No.1 selling brand of chainsaw I forgives ya, BTW even a pansy could run that one, you should give it some serious thought and maybe purchase one of those,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Tommy, since we are talking about kids with saws. How long are you going to let your kids woodie, booker, and plant bio play with those fisher price jreds? It's about time they use a real saw, Stihl.:clap:

ha ha

Hey Tommy, since we are talking about kids with saws. How long are you going to let your kids woodie, booker, and plant bio play with those fisher price jreds? It's about time they use a real saw, Stihl.:clap:

They haven't moved up from little tikes yet....they will **** their pants when the grab ahold one of those fisher prices......lots of power there. They haven't moved up from the metal ball-chain yet.....the plastic/rubber chain is pro stuff.....really fast cutting, capable of severe kickback. I seen one at walmart that was a real fast cutter....it even made real chainsaw noise. I don't think he is ready for it yet.............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOL LMAO!!:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

BTW:2000ssm6, huskies/j-reds/dolmars are real saws...........:greenchainsaw:

I am 22 and 6 foot and only weigh 130 but run the biggest saws the longest of any of my friends blows everyone away

get more wood cut too:givebeer:
I don't think size matters but it is the heart. I know my Mom is 78 and rakes her yard every spring, does not want help from any of her big strong sons. I remember my dad in his 70s digging a trench to run power to his new shed. I am thinking just call me or one of my brothers. But oh No gotta dig that trench himself. Funny I find myself doing things like that.
I am old fashioned and think hard work does the soul good.

You are right Thall. I said it here once, "why all the cryin about wieght when the old saws wieghed more, men have gotten weaker" or words to that effect. Armchair quarterbacks, weekend warriors, or as you say, pansy azzes.

The age of worthless video games, Vidiots!! I bet they have strong thumbs.

If the child is trained properly mature enough and supervised I don't see a problem most of the people I know that grew up on farms learned to drive at age 10 maturity plays a big part on when to have greater responsibilities.

I know a guy who was logging here back before chain saw's. He said the outfit he worked for bought the first 2 chain saw's in the Sacramento Mountain's. They tried to get some of the fallers to run them, but they wouldn't they said they'd stick with the crosscut saw's, those dam noisy thing's cut too slow. :laugh:

Andy

My my my and to think, on this site if one model weighs more a few ounces than another model its considered wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to heavy, so funny, 13 year olds prove it to be what is really is, a bunch of non-sense to argue about and nothing more. High five to that 120lb kid I say, he blows the weight arguement to hell, good for him....

I heard him say as he left the store..............sure don't know what all the fuss is about,I like that fat bottom 441:)

Does it make you feel like a big man to call your sons and daughters idiots?
I wouldn't call them idiots. But there is a big difference between the real world and the cyber world most live in these day's.
Rather than just play the game I rather do it for real.
I know many people say it is the experience, but I say bull to that!
Take a safari for example you don't feel the 100 degree heat, You cant't smell the buffalo s***. And you wont feel the recoil or the sound of the bullet hitting a shoulder blade. You don't smell the Burt powder or the blood and gut's. This goes for anything in the Cyber world.
The computer has replaced the the real world. Just look at some of the how to do videos on the net.Most show a bad example of how to.

Back