14 inch saw for limbing and small trees?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS 192, rear handle

I got one to do the same thing the OP was talking about. I put a 12" bar on it and run the 30lp from Bailey's. I am very pleased with it. VERY light, and plenty of power for the 12 incher.

14 inch saw

I would like to thank everyone for the help. I know the 180 isnt a pro saw and i wont be using it all the time. Ibought the 250 for medium wood cutting and plan on getting a pro saw for larger trees later. I am not a big guy and my back isnt what it was. so i dont want to swing a big saw for the little stuff. :dizzy: Also the dealers in my area are sthil and husky . I also thought of a top handle arborist saw for the smaller stuff.

I would like to thank everyone for the help. I know the 180 isnt a pro saw and i wont be using it all the time. Ibought the 250 for medium wood cutting and plan on getting a pro saw for larger trees later. I am not a big guy and my back isnt what it was. so i dont want to swing a big saw for the little stuff. :dizzy: Also the dealers in my area are sthil and husky . I also thought of a top handle arborist saw for the smaller stuff.
I use my top handle Stihl MS 200T for all of the smaller work, including dropping small diameter trees.

Stihl's lawyer-speak says that the MS 200T should be used only for work in the tree by trained professionals, but I find it to be the handiest saw I have ever used for a lot of the work I do in the woods behind our home.

I use my top handle Stihl MS 200T for all of the smaller work, including dropping small diameter trees.

Stihl's lawyer-speak says that the MS 200T should be used only for work in the tree by trained professionals, but I find it to be the handiest saw I have ever used for a lot of the work I do in the woods behind our home.

Although very expensive, the 200T is the king of small saws/top handles. Personally the rear handle version(MS200) would be a better choice if you are on the ground.

Niko - both are the same displacement. 40.9 ccs. . . but you of all people should know the 435 is lighter than the 440 -9.33 lbs vs. 9.78 lbs AND the 435 doesn't have the tooless chain tensioner that the 440 does!

Al :cheers:

OK, but a lighter version of the 440 is available here, without that tool-less stuff. :)

Weights exactly as the 435.

Last edited:
Back