'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just S.T. being S.T., he's harmless enough if you just take his posts with a grain of salt. Or just don't pay attention, that works too. What would be cool would be if some outfit did third party testing on new saws when they come out, so it would be unbiased information. Even that wouldn't really tell the entire story of a given saw's performance, but would be better than taking manufacturer's claims as truth.

It is amusing that someone has the gall to tell someone else that their experience is invalid because his data sheet says so. It doesn't matter, we know the straight scoop. We run the saws.
Yeap.exactly and will happily continue to do so.even though they are over weight:laughing: and under powered:laughing:.

Kind of like "Consumer Reports for Saws":sweet:
Yeap.best mistake i ever made.kind of bought my 600 as just a "hey look thats a cheap 60cc saw!" Bought it before they were really mentioned too much on the board.i knew about echo and only picked up a few trimmers that didn't run.used my cousins old backpack blower years ago when we landscaped together.i loved that blower.

Jug, I ran a gallon of 40:1 through my 620p over the weekend w/ the high needle 1 full turn off bottom. I pulled the plug earlier today and no sign of running too rich. Plug was nice tan color but still four strokes a little in the wood. Am I correct that the 620 does not have a rev limited coil?

Yeap.best mistake i ever made.kind of bought my 600 as just a "hey look thats a cheap 60cc saw!" Bought it before they were really mentioned too much on the board.i knew about echo and only picked up a few trimmers that didn't run.used my cousins old backpack blower years ago when we landscaped together.i loved that blower.

My Echo backpack blower is 12 yrs old, runs 2-4 hrs a week and has been faultless.

I run it 50:1 and on about the 10th tank in the 620 and just had to lean it out a bit more... great saw... still impressed and pleased every time I fire it up.

It took at least 10-15 tanks for my 600 to open up.that was when i deleted the base gasket.can't wait until i can afford a Foredom and right angle grinder.got too many saws and bikes i want to port before i become too disabled to enjoy them.

It took at least 10-15 tanks for my 600 to open up.that was when i deleted the base gasket.can't wait until i can afford a Foredom and right angle grinder.got too many saws and bikes i want to port before i become too disabled to enjoy them.

How did yoyr 600 respond to the gasket delete? You do a muffler mod also? Mines stock... for now lol

Well definately boosted the compression to around 175-180 and still had plenty of squish clearance to mill the base some without messing with the combustion chamber.
Made it even torqier.would like to get the base milled and squish set to see if it could get better.
Yeap actually done a mm on about the 5th tank of gas.
Your going to like the muffler mod

Well definately boosted the compression to around 175-180 and still had plenty of squish clearance to mill the base some without messing with the combustion chamber.
Made it even torqier.would like to get the base milled and squish set to see if it could get better.
Yeap actually done a mm on about the 5th tank of gas.
Your going to like the muffler mod

The base gasket on this series of saw is the thinnest I have ever seen. I meant to mic one but forgot. Did you happen to get a compression test before you deleted the gasket ? Seemed to me Mastermind had over 200 psi after milling the base, but pulled it back to 185 after the port work.

Looking for a 590 or 600 to monkey with if anyone needs a 266 or some cash lol

I have a 600 bit its loaned to my father... and needless to say he likes it so doubt ill get it back :)

Back