'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price differense depends on where you are, but the 590 is relatively cheap even here. Despite the 590 has a plastic handlebar and clutch cover, there still is about a pound of weight differense, which of course is important in the woods, but not so much in the yard, if just blocking logs.

I am fully aware that rated max power output isn't the full story, and the 590 will of course cut wood. There is absolutely no reason to believe its "power curve" is any better than the 555 though, rather the other way around.
It just is about how much you are willing to sacrifise, for a lower price. The 620 is better regarding power (3.3 kW/4.5 hp), but also heavier - way too heavy for the power, with metal handlebar and clutch cover. The 555 has both, but still is about a pound lighter than the 590.
The forward part of the tank of the 620 (where the handlebar is attached to it) is known to easily break, and I assume the same applies to the 590.

I ask once again have you handled one ? Or let alone ran one ?

No complaints here and i have used mine in the woods by the way. Also every power rating I have seen in the states is 3.9 on the 590.
That would be 2.9 kW, but I haven't seen any US Echo power specs before.

The US ones may of course be more choked down, for EPA reasons.

In all respect troll.if you've never handled one and have no desire to do so the point of putting things into perspective is kind of pointless comparing one manufacturers paper figures to another manufacturers paper figures.each manufactureer can come up with different ways of testing.some a little bit blown out of proportion to anothers more conservative figures.
Just setting down thinking this morning
The cs620 is 4.5hp over there the saw is 59.8cc
The stihl 036 and was rated at 4.5hp at 62cc
I think from what i have read the 038 mag 2 was 72cc and around 4.9hp
That isn't bad figures for the echo against similar weight saws.definately at all not bad against a saw that is 12cc larger with the 038 mag.
Real world really not bad at all because i have used the cs600,036 and the 038 magnum.

Also i'm comparing old school to old school technology.not old school technology to new school stratocharging.stratocharging turns a two stroke engine into a totally different orange.

I had the chance to put my 620P to a pretty fair test this weekend. The pic below is 40 yr old blueberry juniper. In some cases it is so thick it will not fall when cut and a tractor is required to pull the entangled limbs out and into a pile. Nothing will grow underneath the canopy. Some of the bases are 36". That 620P was started and stopped over 100 times yesterday. It always started warm on 1 pull. Cold on 3 pulls. 7 tanks of fuel thru that saw and the air filter needed brushing off at the end of the day. It was run on its side cutting stumps. In my opinion, it is some of the worst conditions there is for a saw. I don't give a rats rear what is on a spec sheet or someones opinion that hasn't picked one up and run it. That saw (stock) pulled a 20" bar buried through cedar stumps fine. I probably felt that extra "pound" on my knees cutting stumps, but it did more than I expected, and that's really all that matters.IMG_0940.JPG

I had the chance to put my 620P to a pretty fair test this weekend. The pic below is 40 yr old blueberry juniper. In some cases it is so thick it will not fall when cut and a tractor is required to pull the entangled limbs out and into a pile. Nothing will grow underneath the canopy. Some of the bases are 36". That 620P was started and stopped over 100 times yesterday. It always started warm on 1 pull. Cold on 3 pulls. 7 tanks of fuel thru that saw and the air filter needed brushing off at the end of the day. It was run on its side cutting stumps. In my opinion, it is some of the worst conditions there is for a saw. I don't give a rats rear what is on a spec sheet or someones opinion that hasn't picked one up and run it. That saw (stock) pulled a 20" bar buried through cedar stumps fine. I probably felt that extra "pound" on my knees cutting stumps, but it did more than I expected, and that's really all that matters.View attachment 424015

Your experience is what I believed all along. That barbed wire fence didn't help matters either, did it?

Your experience is what I believed all along. That barbed wire fence didn't help matters either, did it?

I took the pic to illustrate how contentious that cedar is. Only a fool tries to cut cedar with barbed wire anywhere close to the tree. It was common practice in the "good old days" to just staple the wire directly to the tree because cedar posts will last so long,sometimes in excess of 50 yrs. Barbed wire buried in a cedar tree will trash a chain in seconds, and you may get the saw jerked completely out of your hands.

I have great respect for this series of saw. It's obvious they will not win the "statistics" war, but it isn't statistics that clear land.

Latest posts

Back