'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got rained out it was at about 7,500 feet so it got cold fast. All I got to do was see if it would start on a 5k foot tune.......it did third pull !!! Even that's impressive

Nice... any updates? Im finishing up another 266... if you see any and don't want them I may be interested! How's everything going?

I'm good just trying to get some cash together for another saw. I've been to busy to get muffler mod pics. I will getthem up a swear. There is a 266 in snowflake Arizona I can't afford if you want it $250 I'll send his contact info if you want it. By the way I saw your review on the HD site very nice.

I'm hoping to get a race on this week with my bro and his 555 head to head and switch and see which one is faster. His is rated at 4.3 hp we are guessing my 590 is around 5hp with free mods which is under powered for sure..............shhhhhhhh be very very quiet I'm hunting trolls.

I'm hoping to get a race on this week with my bro and his 555 head to head and switch and see which one is faster. His is rated at 4.3 hp we are guessing my 590 is around 5hp with free mods which is under powered for sure..............shhhhhhhh be very very quiet I'm hunting trolls.

The 590 is rated at 3.0 kW/4.1 hp stock.

Its not always how much power a saw makes but where it makes it's power... but SawTrolls brochures don't tell him that :) Quite a price difference between those saws as well I believe...

Its not always how much power a saw makes but where it makes it's power... but SawTrolls brochures don't tell him that :) Quite a price difference between those saws as well I believe...

The price differense depends on where you are, but the 590 is relatively cheap even here. Despite the 590 has a plastic handlebar and clutch cover, there still is about a pound of weight differense, which of course is important in the woods, but not so much in the yard, if just blocking logs.

I am fully aware that rated max power output isn't the full story, and the 590 will of course cut wood. There is absolutely no reason to believe its "power curve" is any better than the 555 though, rather the other way around.
It just is about how much you are willing to sacrifise, for a lower price. The 620 is better regarding power (3.3 kW/4.5 hp), but also heavier - way too heavy for the power, with metal handlebar and clutch cover. The 555 has both, but still is about a pound lighter than the 590.
The forward part of the tank of the 620 (where the handlebar is attached to it) is known to easily break, and I assume the same applies to the 590.

the weight doesn't bother me saws only start to get heavy to me when they pass 35 lbs i went logging with my buddys this past week using a echo 8000 and a 620 and i used the 8000 all day and it didn't feel any heavy at the end of the day.
it is still lighter than a 075 or 084 he has for a back up saw.

It just is about how much you are willing to sacrifise, for a lower price. The 620 is better regarding power (3.3 kW/4.5 hp), but also heavier - way too heavy for the power, with metal handlebar and clutch cover. The 555 has both, but still is about a pound lighter than the 590.
But if you easily take that 4.5hp to 5hp or even 5.2hp isn't that a much better power to weight ratio? AND still have more torque than a stock strato charged saw?
As far as the tank issue no one I know of has had a problem here in the states other than maybe dropping a tree on one.

But if you easily take that 4.5hp to 5hp or even 5.2hp isn't that a much better power to weight ratio? AND still have more torque than a stock strato charged saw?
As far as the tank issue no one I know of has had a problem here in the states other than maybe dropping a tree on one.

You can't compare one modified model to another that isn't of course, that's just silly.

Just as silly as comparing a stock un stratified saw to a stock stratified saw? Level playing field would be cs600 to 359 husky wouldn't it?

SAwTroll... I have ran a stock 562 and 620 and can tell you the weight difference is not that great but the power band of the echo is better. How great is saw thats one poundb lighter but takes more time to use when trying to pull a 27" bar?

Jughead nailed it, whatever "it" is. There's an intangible quality to the 600 series Echo saws. I had a 600p, LOVED that saw. Got stolen by tweakers, replaced with 555 Husq. The 555 is a fantastic saw, but noodle-y a.v. and a couple other niggling faults kept me from loving it. On to Stihl's finest offering in the 60cc class (currently... I know the ms361 is like god's breath), the much-heralded ms362cm. Meh.

I miss that 600p. It was a good saw. Even my six year old daughter can tell (I take her with me woodcutting), and says "daddy, you really need an Echo" because... it is intangible.

Latest posts

Back