'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this guy in town at a shop watched my video and says I'm 3-5 degrees off on ignition timing what do you guys think?

Eh that saw should be able to advance/retard itself to some degree... Mike, what youthink? Seems like it runs great in thecut, I think that popping is throwing him off maybe? They seem to sound like that when muffler modded alone, so that would isolate the ign issue but I don't know...

BigBlock any more CS590 news? So looked at those videos, looks like both 371 cuts were 9 sec and the 620 was one 9 sec one 10 sec cut... but have a 24" bar so will try that and update :)

It's going to get ported as soon as I get another saw. Im looking at a 266se with a metal hand guard/ chain brake. May pick it up next week if he still has it. That bar makes a difference I killed my brothers 044 with a 28" but we figured it would in the small stuff. I'm sure if it had a 20 on it it would've won. I'm going to see if I can get some pictures and video this weekend I'll be around 8,000 feet elevation

I like my 562 but that 620 looks like a solid saw and a force to be reckoned with. Subbed.

The 620 is very heavy for a 60cc saw, and the "W" version is even heavier. Stock power is not as high as the best saws in the class.

Still, 3.3 kW/4.5 hp would have been decent, if the saw had been lighter - but it actually is heavier than some 70cc saws.

The price is way too close to the much superior 560xp, at least here.

The 620 is very heavy for a 60cc saw, and the "W" version is even heavier. Stock power is not as high as the best saws in the class.

Still, 3.3 kW/4.5 hp would have been decent, if the saw had been lighter - but it actually is heavier than some 70cc saws.

Thank you for your valuable input...

Thank you for your valuable input...
Yes it's very valuable input when it's coming from somebody who's never even run an Echo. I, however have run both saws. The 562/560 is SLIGHLY lighter and faster. 620 has more torque hence the reason it pulls that big bar so well.:)

just a little info to add. 560xp is the small mount version of a 562xp...correct me if im wrong so i can correct this post for anyone in the future looking at it. husqvarna is not my strong suit. So a 555/560/2258/2260 should all be similar in weight with the 562 being slightly heavier due to the large mount bar. so here are some weight pics to compare all taken on the same scale. 590,620pw and 2258 were new never fired. 600 was a used saw that had oil and fuel drain. oil tank rinsed with fuel and saw blown off as good as possible without disassembly. i would say @SawTroll was generous on the weight statement that he made but i still like the 590 for the value/quality that it is. the 620/620pw is another that my only complaint is the weight. they are very well built with comfortable wrap handle and loads of torque that other 60cc saws only dream of. 600p is one of my least favorite simply because it is not a great value when compared to the 590/620

60cc comparison 009.JPG 60cc comparison 003.JPG AS 003.JPG 60cc comparison 002.JPG

Have you even handled one? Or are you just reading numbers? I'm a big dude 8 oz means nothing to me and obviously most of these guys feEl the same way if anything that extreme obesity problem the echo has (lol) makes me like it more because when the bar is buried it cuts faster with less effort were being bent over in a cutting position is harder on me than actually carrying the saw.

Why do you go out of your way to bash on echo I mean really? you have not said anything constructive to this conversation

The price is way too close to the much superior 560xp, at least here.

Have you even handled one? Or are you just reading numbers? I'm a big dude 8 oz means nothing to me and obviously most of these guys feEl the same way if anything that extreme obesity problem the echo has (lol) makes me like it more because when the bar is buried it cuts faster with less effort were being bent over in a cutting position is harder on me than actually carrying the saw.

Why do you go out of your way to bash on echo I mean really? you have not said anything constructive to this conversation

I have all three of the saws in question, 590, 600p and 620p. If I covered the model numbers with tape, I can't really tell the difference between any of them. I prefer torque over rpm and Echo seems to serve up a very reasonable dose of it. Even my older echos(702,550'4600 and 440) feel like they offer more torque than they should. Echo produces some quality outdoor power equipment and I am glad to see there are more and more people that have come to recognize this through personal experience, not just opinions or spec sheets.

Latest posts

Back