'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok sorry about that buddy had woman issues etc etc but got some nasty brushing cleared up and what not...

Now get your hole saw and cut out the inner "tube" of the muffler. If you can't do the drill 3/8" holes in the downpour and or exit where the tube meets the exit.

Attachments

• 20150626_140927.jpg
    20150626_140927.jpg
    616.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20150626_140936.jpg
    20150626_140936.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 92
Now buzz off some of the top plate, re directing less gasses back to the muffler. I left a little on but the choice is yours.

Attachments

• 20150626_140958.jpg
    20150626_140958.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20150626_141003.jpg
    20150626_141003.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 75
Now throw it back togeather and re tune and you are set. Be sure you get your two muffler bolts and two muffler support bolts started before you run them up snug or you could have fitment issues.

Thoughts or improvements welcomed... I'd really like to spit one want gut it completely....

Oh and make sure then you throw the top cover back on you get the spark plug lead back in the correct place or it will cause the top cover to fit funny...

just grinding off the plate inside the deflector is a improvement enough gutting out the muffler makes the saw to LOUD

just grinding off the plate inside the deflector is a improvement enough gutting out the muffler makes the saw to LOUD
Watch my videos and see if its too loud... I don't feel as if it is, I believe where you remove the material from makes a large difference.

well i gutted my muffler like bobe did and ground everything out inside and i usually use ear plugs anymore.

I could see how that would be loud... my other muffler is a simple one the anyone can do with just a set of bits... drilling these holes and cutting out the wierd exhaust deflector on top really lets it breathe and is not too loud. 20150627_170719.jpg

On the 600p I had , I cut the down tube , made a plate to close top up, then put a pipe in on lower left side of muff. Worked well , didn't take any pics before sold the saw. Duh, take pics of all things ya do. My 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the 600p I had , I cut the down tube , made a plate to close top up, then put a pipe in on lower left side of muff. Worked well , didn't take any pics before sold the saw. Duh, take pics of all things ya do. My 2cents.

Interesting, how did you like it?

I liked it , so did the new owner

You get the muffler mod finished?! PHOTO's needed!
I haven't even started lol Put a new fuel line on my 044 for the second time in a month. The first new one had a hole or developed one rather quick. Also changed the oil in the wife's f250 and my tacoma. Hope to start on it this week. I will post photos.

Back