'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's going on here no Echo action since Wednesday? ;) Hope you all are well!

We're all waiting for you to make some new vids of your slightly modified 620p and your new 562. Come on Reed, quit goofing off and GIT ER DONE!:)

HA well work is on and off today, work tomorrow then maybe a 562 video tomorrow but still waiting on the 620 parts they must have sent them by horse back from China lol But both have identical dual port mufflers now :sweet: even re-tuned the 562s carb HA!

HA well work is on and off today, work tomorrow then maybe a 562 video tomorrow but still waiting on the 620 parts they must have sent them by horse back from China lol But both have identical dual port mufflers now :sweet: even re-tuned the 562s carb HA!

LOL, Sunfish and Sawtroll will be happy to hear that. How much fuel you got through that 562 now? Close to being broke in?

LOL, Sunfish and Sawtroll will be happy to hear that. How much fuel you got through that 562 now? Close to being broke in?
Haven't got her in wood yet been hammered with stuff. Should be out in the wooded areas all mon/tues so ill try her out. sounds so much better with the dual port. Looks great through maybe 10 tanks through her in her life. Have a 20" bar and brank new LGX for both of them so its gonna be AWESOME!

Haven't got her in wood yet been hammered with stuff. Should be out in the wooded areas all mon/tues so ill try her out. sounds so much better with the dual port. Looks great through maybe 10 tanks through her in her life. Have a 20" bar and brank new LGX for both of them so its gonna be AWESOME!

So you found a gently used 562 (I thought you bought it new). Cool...no need to break it in.

BTW: I don't think the haters should be allowed in this thread to view the results. Haters, you know who are!

They dont factor in I have a 562xp, 371XP & 385XP in the truck for wood use this last week so why would I favor one over the other?!

They dont factor in I have a 562xp, 371XP & 385XP in the truck for wood use this last week so why would I favor one over the other?!

That's one of the things that's so funny to me. You, of all people, are unbiased. One of the few on this forum from what I've witnessed. That's why, whether they admit it or not, other members ARE paying attention. There's a reason you like the 620 so much...because it is a legitimate pro saw. Capable, I think, of running right there with any 60cc. That's hard for some members to accept.

Personally, I'm really excited to see you do some unbiased comparisons of the 562 and 620. I know you will do it the right way and it will turn out to be very useful information for a lot of members on this forum. Having credibility on something like this is everything and you are the right guy for the job. And let's face it, this comparison is long overdue.

Will the 562 out cut the 620? I don't think it will. I think the torque of the 620 will prove too much, all things being equal. What about handling? It will be interesting to hear your opinion on the two. I use my 620 as a felling and bucking saw, not a limber. But if the 562 handles significantly better, that's good information to know. Will the added few ounces of the 620 be as big a deal as the Husky fans make it out to be? What about the controls? Will the Echo stand out positively for it's ease of use and simplicity? What about RPM comparisons (both max and in the cut)? You're gonna have to invest some time to answer these questions. Time worth while considering your conclusions have the potential to reach a whole lot of people and will be referenced for years to come.

I could be wrong on my predictions and if I am, I'm ok with that. It won't change my opinion of the 600 series Echo's. They are just great saws when it comes to getting the work done and a real joy to run. There are other great saws out there and I think the 562 is one of them. I would love to own one if, for no other reason, than to compare my 600 and 620 to. I think each saw will prove to have pluses and minuses over the other but it won't change the fact that they are both great for their intended purpose.

BTW: Where did you pick up the 562 used? Do you know the history on it or know the previous owner?

Thank you for the kind words. I bought the saw from brycelunsford the gentleman on here who was selling his huskys. Saw has had 10 tanks through it, is cosmetically in very good shape and the piston/cylinder look very very clean as well... the price was too good to pass up and I though why not to do a comparison of the two (still waiting on echo parts lol)

Initial thoughts are the Echo layout is much simpler, I do like the Echos in board clutch as opposed to the Huskys outboard but ill talk about that in the video. Anyone care to donate a husky 28" bar and chain so I can run them both with 28s not 20s? ;) Dual spikes on the Echo standard vs not on the Husky. Let me know other things you may want to see addressed.

Thanks!

Thank you for the kind words. I bought the saw from brycelunsford the gentleman on here who was selling his huskys. Saw has had 10 tanks through it, is cosmetically in very good shape and the piston/cylinder look very very clean as well... the price was too good to pass up and I though why not to do a comparison of the two (still waiting on echo parts lol)

Initial thoughts are the Echo layout is much simpler, I do like the Echos in board clutch as opposed to the Huskys outboard but ill talk about that in the video. Anyone care to donate a husky 28" bar and chain so I can run them both with 28s not 20s? ;) Dual spikes on the Echo standard vs not on the Husky. Let me know other things you may want to see addressed.

Thanks!

Sawtroll will tell you that inboard destroys the handling.

Would be awesome to compare the two with a 28" bar as well as the 20". I would also like to know your overall opinion of the quality differences between the two. Is the Echo cheaper in price for a reason? Is the Husky quality what you would expect out of a high end saw? And something that is important to me: How user friendly is the Husky when it comes to getting into the machine? How does the overall layout compare? All important things to know for potential buyers.

MY 562XP/620PW PREFACE:

This will be an observation of 2 saws, the Husqvarna 562XP and the Echo 620PW. Even though most people want to pit "This against That" the point of this is not to do that, rather note, sometimes in the same (semi-comparative breath) each saw and its makeup.

So I have to disagree with the inboard/outboard issue. If the suck so bad why do the 371/372/576/385/390 have them? Are these not "Pro" saws where this is a factor? I have yet to feel like an inboard does anything other then INCREASE chip/noodle discharge ability. As for heat, its a damn 2 stroke engine its built to take heat. Getting a saw caught up like I talked about before, you are damn near SOL on an outboard clutch so to me that argument is subjective at best.

Having the 620 stripped down I must say the weight is in the case but it is clearly in high stress areas. I was also surprised to see the that while the 620 does not have crank stuffers, some of the extra area around the crank is solid mag, might be for strength might be for small case capacity but either way it works. Clearly the 562s case is slightly different in style and size with the outboard clutch as well as the swept back crank/piston configuration. Both have 3 shoe clutches to the best of my memory.

The 562XP's top cover is held on by 3 clips, much like the 385/390/575/576 top covers. Removing this gives you access to all the guts even though the only real items for adjustment would be the air filter (cleaning) or spark plug. The 620 has one main knob on the back which unscrews to allow for air filter removal/cleaning, spark plug check, and carb adjust (which can be done with this cover on as well. Once this air filter cover and air filter are removed, the coil wire and (3) #27 Torx can be removed for access to the overall engine. Also, the card on the 620 is very simple to remove, using only (2) #27 Torx bolts that run through the air filter mount. As my observation, the 562xp is very efficiently laid out, yet the 620 is very effectively laid out. Meaning that I doubt (with the lack of software, or again in MY case) I will be tuning and tinkering/pulling apart the 562XP as I will be the 620. The 620s layout is very simple and straight forward i.e. stout yet user friendly.

Both saws feature magnesium crank cases, translucent fuel tank on the 620 and a fuel "gauge" on the 562. They have there own respectable version of "air injection" which I must admit the Echo has always stayed clean, 12 tanks if not more and just ready for its first real cleaning. The 562 has the factory hi mount/ hi flow air filter and I cannot speak (yet) for that design but I expect the same from that. Both have adjustable oil pumps which can supply for up to a 28" bar.

I think the deciding factor for these saws is purpose. They are both literally the exact same displacement and can be bought with half/full wraps and 20/24/28" bars. Echo this way can be had for $670 ish, the Husky maybe $820ish. (Wrap and 28"bar versions). The 620 comes with factory dual dawgs while the 562 does not. I think each saw has factors that some call benefits and others would call those same things detractions from what a "saw" should be. Some love the thought and design (i.e. carefree) nature of the autotune, while others like a carb you can adjust/control, work on etc. Some may not like the fact that the Echo takes a different bar mount and chain DL... I will think of more items and look forward to clarifying more as we formulate more questions.

I understand that when looking at two saws at the same time its easy to get stuck on deterministic variables such as price, engine size, capable bar length etc. but I would like to answer ay questions to better inform those who are looking at this size saw so THEY can make the most informed decision on there time.

Latest posts

Back