'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought gas today for my saws and other stuff 90 e free for 2.69 per gallon.
i guess that gives me a excuse to use my echo tomorrow

not to interupt the write up on 562/620 but i need a little help from someone that owns a cs-8000. These bar adapters came in and they dont fit the 600 series echo. Could someone measure the bar studs on a 8000? outside to outside the 590/600/620 measures 1.885

AS 001.JPG AS 002.JPG

yep. the adapters are 1.725 outside to outside. 600 series saws are 1.885 outside to outside.

Eccentric measured some other saws and came up with "Early XL-12. Homelite XL-800/850. Poulan 3400. Poulan 5200. Lombard Cyclone. Echo CS500VL. Pioneer 11-60. They all come up as being around 1.556" outside edge to outside edge"

Echo 6700 1.894 so these adapters dont fit that either. :dumb: surely someone has an 800 they can measure

One of these days I will just order an 800. Nobody seems to have one.

F150- Wish I could help but don't have that saw.

BigBlock- That looks sweet, truly a unique saw now!

So I got the chance to run 5 tanks through the 562XP today, did a little bit of limbing, bucking and felling. Used the 20" bar on it and it did well. My toughts are in no particular order just observations/opinions.

First being the saw does great in its powerband. I would say it really gets dialed in and running on the top end and its solid. The saw handles well and the AV is good. I feel as if it is the same weight with fluids (or an indiscernible difference) from the 620 but again this is not so much a comparison. The air filter, as predicted stayed clean all day with no issues. I ran fresh 93 octane 40:1 mix in it all day. It saw pine, maple, beech and a little cedar. I would say that there are a few things I would not choose (as features) on this saw if I had my choice... those being the outboard clutch (have to pull clutch to change the sprocket, ease of chain maint, outboard clutch brake etc.) another thing would be (as mentioned by others) is the off idle stumble. This is something that is very noticeable about the saw even after extended WOT cutting and the opportunity for the AutoTune reset. At some times in the cut the saw would run so rich (again lower in the RPM range) that you could smell and see the rich exhaust. I get the feeling after using it all day that the Auto Tune is a great feature yet unlike a wideband on a car it is limited in its "tuning" abilities.

From my experience so far I feel as if the low end throttle response on the Echo is far better, yet the top end may go to the 562. With that being said, I feel that the Echo has a much, much wider powerband and when I throw the 24" bar on the Husky and the 27" bar on the Echo that buried in larger wood the Echo may have the edge. I would like to run a 28" bar on the 562 but I am not going to go out and buy another length bar for it just for the sake of the testing. Again, when in that sweet spot the Husqvarna is a runner, no doubt, but I feel like as of yet the Echo was a more applicable i.e. wide, useable powerband. I really look forward to getting videos of these saws on tape.

Final thought, I do wish the 562 had a more aggressive dawg(s) from the factory. The stock one (like many stock dawgs) are lacking in "bite" the saw has solid power and it would be nice to just stick it and make the cut but the range and "grip" just isn't there with the stock dawg. I know they sell dual kits for $35 but now we are getting away from the stock saws abilities.

So I'm thinking I will weld my hole in the muffler closed to quiet it down to stock for now. And then install a deflector on the front exhausting to the right so I have a dual port with good flow and less noise.

Latest posts

Back