'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of the wrath of Thor, I would like to see a 362 C in the mix also.

It has an inboard clutch, and a VG air filtration system, so if you get a chance, run one and provide your feedback.

Thanks.

Yeah that would be cool. No one around here I know has one so if anyone wants to send one to run ill gladly review it :)

Just so you guys know what i asked for and can chime in with any reason that it is a bad idea here is what i told him.

Here is the reason i say make them like the husky but with 8mm.

I measured various D176 mount saws today. Early XL-12. Homelite XL-800/850. Poulan 3400. Poulan 5200. Lombard Cyclone. Echo CS500VL. Pioneer 11-60. They all come up as being around 1.556" outside edge to outside edge. They all fit these "S" stud spacer clips that were once common for adapting a D096/D196/UXL bar onto an A176/D176 mount saw. "Eccentric"

echo 6700 "cut4fun"

and 8000 measures 1.894 outside to outside "rmotoman"

echo 590/600/620 is 1.885
Dolmar small mount is 1.630

husky styled will make them fit a large variety 8mm stud saws. may run into the same problem that i had with the husky adapter on the 7900 but on this adapter i think it will be worth the trade off.

and if you havent seen the husky adapter i am referring to...http://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/products/husqvarna-to-stihl-bar-adapter

Any comments? Any thing i am not thinking about with the way this will fit? I know on some saws the adapter will be a bit long and the the mounting slot in the bar will need modified. Before i end up with another 40 useless adapters ( the cannon echo adapters) please speak up with anything i am not thinking about.

BTW guys...Thanks allot. I am seriously considering selling my mastermind ported 6100 and replace it with a 620PW. I keep looking at it sitting on the shelf all lonely and stuff. It needs a loving home where it can have a purpose.

I might be a little off the current subject here but got a new addition for the 620p. Earlier in this thread, Reed posted some vids of his 620 running a 27" bar (or 28", not sure). It was impressive to say the least.

I've been wanting to add a 28" saw to my lineup for the rare occasion that we run into some bigger wood. Been keeping my eye out for a used 372xp but haven't ran across the right saw. After seeing how Reed's 620 pulled that bar, I think I'm going to hold off on that until I explore this avenue. My 20" and 24" bars will comfortably handle 90% of the softwood we cut but it would be nice to have the option to go bigger when the opportunity presents itself. If it works like he has demonstrated, I guess I owe Reed a cold one for saving me a good chunk of change. Unfortunately, it will be a few months before my schedule lets up to try it out.

Attachments

• P1020289.JPG
    P1020289.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • P1020290.JPG
    P1020290.JPG
    902 KB · Views: 34
due to the types of wood here i run a 24'' GB hard nose with a full skip semi chisel chain.
turn the oiler to max, stumping trees in my part is awful since some are in a creek/river bed they like to suck up all kinds of crap.

I might be a little off the current subject here but got a new addition for the 620p. Earlier in this thread, Reed posted some vids of his 620 running a 27" bar (or 28", not sure). It was impressive to say the least.

I've been wanting to add a 28" saw to my lineup for the rare occasion that we run into some bigger wood. Been keeping my eye out for a used 372xp but haven't ran across the right saw. After seeing how Reed's 620 pulled that bar, I think I'm going to hold off on that until I explore this avenue. My 20" and 24" bars will comfortably handle 90% of the softwood we cut but it would be nice to have the option to go bigger when the opportunity presents itself. If it works like he has demonstrated, I guess I owe Reed a cold one for saving me a good chunk of change. Unfortunately, it will be a few months before my schedule lets up to try it out.

You aren't that far away you are more then welcome to come run whatever I have... Any I like my beer to look like oil ran 20,000 miles straight from an old diesel truck lol I really like the 620 with the 27" bar I might just leave it on there cause it pulls it just like it pulls the 20".... hard.

You aren't that far away you are more then welcome to come run whatever I have... Any I like my beer to look like oil ran 20,000 miles straight from an old diesel truck lol I really like the 620 with the 27" bar I might just leave it on there cause it pulls it just like it pulls the 20".... hard.

A guiness man are you ?

shew i change my oil at 10,000 miles in my truck. and it is not as black as what you are talking about haha.

Back