'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm thinking I will weld my hole in the muffler closed to quiet it down to stock for now. And then install a deflector on the front exhausting to the right so I have a dual port with good flow and less noise.

I would sell it on ebay and buy a stock one, send it to me and ill mod it like mine :) or you can it you want but I'd start with a cleanmuffler if you can.

So one observation as I was cleaning the 562xp tonight before use tomorrow is that it does not have the same air filtration system as earlier Huskys or the Echo. It was a breather back into the intake and has a habit of building up fine particles inside the intake and it slowly builds up with the vented fuel. I could understand this if the lowest part of the intake elbow was a cut away or area for debris but rather it is the opening in the carb for the transfers so its like any debris that is in the saw gets sucked down (or falls) down I to the carb.

We will see how ut goes tomorrow but that's all the follow up for now. Everything else looked/felt tight. It has the EL46 so in May need to have it reflash for the bottom end bog issue bt we will see as I dont want to get a bunch of flack from the Huskys dealer for the dual port muffler :sweet:

I've been holding off on shipping any bar adapters that guys wanted till I found something out on these adapters. I did send a 620 to a local machine shop to get a quote on making adapters that do fit...we will see if they can come up with a decent price on them. Last time I tried this I was quoted $12 each if I bought a 1000 :eek:

You would be set for life!!!! Thank you for your work on this so far.

Srill waiting on the 620 parts .... :(

ok so phone call is in and the response is that these adapters were made for the smaller series of echo saws. :wtf:

he is the go to guy for these and makes some really impressive stuff. i figured he was busy and when cannon told me they had them in the works i figured they would save some headaches so i didnt pursue it any further with him.

Just so you guys know what i asked for and can chime in with any reason that it is a bad idea here is what i told him.

Here is the reason i say make them like the husky but with 8mm.

I measured various D176 mount saws today. Early XL-12. Homelite XL-800/850. Poulan 3400. Poulan 5200. Lombard Cyclone. Echo CS500VL. Pioneer 11-60. They all come up as being around 1.556" outside edge to outside edge. They all fit these "S" stud spacer clips that were once common for adapting a D096/D196/UXL bar onto an A176/D176 mount saw. "Eccentric"

echo 6700 "cut4fun"

and 8000 measures 1.894 outside to outside "rmotoman"

echo 590/600/620 is 1.885
Dolmar small mount is 1.630

husky styled will make them fit a large variety 8mm stud saws. may run into the same problem that i had with the husky adapter on the 7900 but on this adapter i think it will be worth the trade off.

and if you havent seen the husky adapter i am referring to...http://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/products/husqvarna-to-stihl-bar-adapter

Thank you. I am glad that you have faith in me!
anyone that has held one of your adapters in their hand can see the quality difference between it and lesser quality parts....want an example...http://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/products/cannon-bar-adapter-husqvarna-to-stihl-bar-adapter the cannon adapters I'm sure work fine but they cut theirs out with a laser and the rough edges of a laser cut are still visible(my camera needs replaced so you might not be able to see the rough edges).

I could up my game n make them ss. But that's twice the cost in steel.
what are you making them out of now? they are hard and hold up very well. also dont seem to get the surface rust like others i have had in the past.

Back