'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to then :)
LOL I have heard there is not much improvement left on the table short of porting them. I glanced at it today when I pulled the muffler to inspect the piston. All there is, is a baffle, empty can, and the exhaust port. I could delete the baffle and put a larger exhaust port. But when master mind built one he said there weren't any gains from a mm or timing advance. It is already pushing 215 psi compression.

OK but I forewarned you. Here is a video I have shared in other places.
The little 61cc dolmar takes on a serious heavy weight. The 87cc stihl 056 super.
Let's get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEE!

Looks like old school torque verses modern RPM & chain speed. Larger wood + longer bars = a different result.

That 6100 is impressive none the less.

Looks like old school torque verses modern RPM & chain speed. Larger wood + longer bars = a different result.

That 6100 is impressive none the less.
I agree. You can stand on the 056 with a 20 in bar buried. I think 28" would be the tipping point in the 056 favor

You know what I want to see?...........a ported 590 I know they are out there. I may just have to get it done and see how mean they really are.
I think you would end up investing a lot and not getting much better performance then a mm 620.
On top of the port work I think you would end up needing a carb and coil.

Back