'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you would end up investing a lot and not getting much better performance then a mm 620.
On top of the port work I think you would end up needing a carb and coil.

You're probably right but I own the saw and it's not worth much used. They sit forever at $300. It's cheaper than buying a 620 even though I would love to have one.

For a 590, I don't know at what rpm a limited coil would kick in, but I did ask about that on a 400, and was told by Echo that it engages at around 15,000 rpm. In either event, if that's the case, then wouldn't a limited coil be a non-issue? Perhaps there is some other feature that distinguishes the coils, like, advance?

For a 590, I don't know at what rpm a limited coil would kick in, but I did ask about that on a 400, and was told by Echo that it engages at around 15,000 rpm. In either event, if that's the case, then wouldn't a limited coil be a non-issue? Perhaps there is some other feature that distinguishes the coils, like, advance?
If it is that high then yes it would need a non issue. I was just trying to point out possible extra expenses. It may also depend on how aggressive you go with the porting.

If I had a new 590 I would muffler mod it, pull the limiters, delete the base gasket, widen the exhaust and clean up/maybe widen the intake a hair.

Just an update... Got in touch with Mitch and should be shipping the ported 600 soon so we can see what they will do! Only ever ran a stock one and still a strong saw!!!

On another note what's new Echo fans?

Just an update... Got in touch with Mitch and should be shipping the ported 600 soon so we can see what they will do! Only ever ran a stock one and still a strong saw!!!

On another note what's new Echo fans?
Is that Mweba?
He did one for me ,wouldnt keep up with my husky 560 hybrid(555 with 562 P&C with stuffers)but it was darn close.
It was notable difference,I gutted the muff and opened up stock opening.Doin that was a bit too much,sounded mean but needed a little more back pressure to idle good for a work saw.As long as u kept it wound up she run!

So I read threw 86 pages of echo talk thought I'd say hi from another echo sawer. I run a 590 and a 490. So on to pics IMG_20151025_130715.jpgbreak in for the 590, 4 oaks between 60 and 70 feet and arrow strait cut to 18 inch rounds for fire. Saw never complained.stock in this picture with limit caps full rich on high side and low leaned up a little 20 inch bar barried all day.IMG_20160315_120628.jpgbreak in for the 490 will be anything on this monster mulberry that the 16 inch bar can handle. Saw has caps removed and the restrictive tube in muff pulled and front of deflector removed and retune high side just over 1 turn out from stock and low opened just a bit. This saw rips buried the 16 inch bar in one of the oak rounds and it just cuts like mad.

So got a box last night on the door step... It was the 600P I got from Cedarshark a longggg time ago. Mitch did some work to it so I wanted to take a look, didn't get it all pulled apart but so far this is what we have. Looks like base gasket was pulled, exhaust was raised a hair (doesn't look to be widened from the grinding on the port) muffler mod looks like the factory outlet was gutted and the rear "square" where the outlet tube is hard been cut out, kinda like big blocks original muffler mod. Will keep you posted as I run her and dig into it.

KIMG0362.jpg KIMG0363.jpg

Attachments

• KIMG0364.jpg
    KIMG0364.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • KIMG0364.jpg
    KIMG0364.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
Back