154se oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent Curtis

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I’ve already researched- not much info on these saws

I need to replace the Oiler- and likely change crank seals while I’m in there 425D015E-EFCF-4351-9686-98A98007FE08.jpeg . I’ve already removed the pump housing screws..... but it seems held down by what I believe to be the Oiler gear. Is that thing a press fit?

any advice to taking these things off?

I’ve already researched- not much info on these saws

I need to replace the Oiler- and likely change crank seals while I’m in there View attachment 787343 . I’ve already removed the pump housing screws..... but it seems held down by what I believe to be the Oiler gear. Is that thing a press fit?

any advice to taking these things off?
The washer is pressed onto the crankshaft.
There are 2 threaded holes in the white plastic pump body (M4 I think). Carefully progressively screw 2 bolts into them. The bolt tips will push against the crankcase and force the pump to lift the washer.
You'll need a puller to remove the pump drive gear underneath if you intend to replace the crank seals. The worm thread is the same as a Husky 50/51 or Partner 500/5000 so a puller for one of those will work, though the gear is not the same part.

Do you need the workshop manual? It shows the tools and their part numbers.

The washer is pressed onto the crankshaft.
There are 2 threaded holes in the white plastic pump body (M4 I think). Carefully progressively screw 2 bolts into them. The bolt tips will push against the crankcase and force the pump to lift the washer.
You'll need a puller to remove the pump drive gear underneath if you intend to replace the crank seals. The worm thread is the same as a Husky 50/51 or Partner 500/5000 so a puller for one of those will work, though the gear is not the same part.

Do you need the workshop manual? It shows the tools and their part numbers.

thank you sir- lifted it right off with the method you described. Saw is all out back together.

thank you for the help!

Trent

Back