18" Oregon Power Match Plus for Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl025

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am currently using this bar on my Husky 357XP (18" Power Match Plus #180RNDK095) with Woodsman Pro 30RC and SC chains. Bailey's website for the Powermatch bar states that I could use .325 pitch chains on this bar (@76 drive links).

Bailey's website: This bar uses 76 drive links of .325 pitch x .050 gauge chain - WP325 20RC, WP325 20RCS, WP325 20NK made into 76dl or 68 drive links of .375 x .050 gauge chain - WPL 18 30RC68 (Check the pitch of your chainsaw first)

The Oregon website selector guide makes no mention of this. Is this acceptable? I know that I will need a rim sprocket change, but I am worried about the width of the bar vs. the width of the chain. Especially the narrow kerf chain.

Which tip do you have on the bar? If it is 3/8" tip, then it needs 3/8" pitch chain. If it's a .325" tip, then you require .325" pitch chain. The body of the bar doesn't care which you run, but the tip sure does. If you want to switch, buy a new tip, punch out the rivet, and put a new tip on your existing bar.

I would not run NK chain on a non-NK bar. I also wouldn't run NK on a 357xp, since it can pull 3/8" just fine.

The Oregon online selector is definitely not a complete listing of Oregon's products or the products compatible with a particular saw. It is, in fact, only a few steps removed from being totally useless.

Which tip do you have on the bar? If it is 3/8" tip, then it needs 3/8" pitch chain. If it's a .325" tip, then you require .325" pitch chain. The body of the bar doesn't care which you run, but the tip sure does. If you want to switch, buy a new tip, punch out the rivet, and put a new tip on your existing bar.

I would not run NK chain on a non-NK bar. I also wouldn't run NK on a 357xp, since it can pull 3/8" just fine.

The Oregon online selector is definitely not a complete listing of Oregon's products or the products compatible with a particular saw. It is, in fact, only a few steps removed from being totally useless.

if you are looking for a online oregon catalog of what products they have feel free to look at our parts lookup site it has all the products oregon has in there

Back