2 Man Gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ya. The 461 ported got the job done real well and fast but the 661 is super smooth and has torque to pull 32 full comp buried no problem and even in stock form. Very impressive. Maybe Laslab can give his opinion but thats what I gathered from running both

Ill make this simple Big Bubba!! The 661 had the torque !! Lol!! No makin up 20cc of displacement and the mtronics performs flawless

A 661 is the cats meow Mustang. I was very impressed. Lots of torque with the full comp just pulled right through the wood

I am glad to hear you say all that Keith, (not in a I told you so kind of way) I remember us talking in PM's, back round the holidays when I was debating buying a 661, and you kept telling me that a 661, will not be much better then your mm461. You kept telling me how your mm461 will hang with a ported 660,,, :)

With that said, I am glad you got to run a 661, and see 1st hand how they are. IDK, what else to say, but the 661 is a whole nuther animal :) :)

Enjoy!!

I am glad to hear you say all that Keith, (not in a I told you so kind of way) I remember us talking in PM's, back round the holidays when I was debating buying a 661, and you kept telling me that a 661, wont not be much better then your mm461. You kept telling me how your mm461 will hang with a ported 660,,, :)

With that said, I am glad you got to run a 661, and see 1st hand how they are. IDK, what else to say, but the 661 is a whole nuther animal :) :)

Enjoy!!
Okay lets straighten this out alil. The 661 has more torque but there isnt daylight and dark difference in a 661 and a ported 461. In about 25" wood with same bar and chain it will be very close in my opinion but in bigwood over about 32 and bigger the 661 no doubt will have the upper hand. The ported 461 isnt weak by any means for a 76cc saw vs a 91cc saw and all depends on what u r cutting too.

Okay lets straighten this out alil. The 661 has more torque but there isnt daylight and dark difference in a 661 and a ported 461. In about 25" wood with same bar and chain it will be very close in my opinion but in bigwood over about 32 and bigger the 661 no doubt will have the upper hand. The ported 461 isnt weak by any means for a 76cc saw vs a 91cc saw and all depends on what u r cutting too.

Maulhead u take that 661 against a ported 390 xp in about 25" wood and u r gonna get your drawers blowed off!!! :ices_rofl:

I know what your saying Keith, but lets be fair, and not compare a stock saw (661) to a ported (461 or 390) saw :) :)

Ported or non ported

Yeah, ported vs ported, OR stock vs stock, is fair.

Either way I will take my 661,, no tuney, and she will cut all the firewood I can throw in front of it. I am happy with it, to say the least!!

At the end of the day to me it does not really matter, if I have the fastest saw, I just needed a saw for big firewood, not smokers & bonfires :) :) LOL!!

Yeah, ported vs ported, OR stock vs stock, is fair.

Either way I will take my 661,, no tuny, and she will cut all the firewood I can throw in front of it. I am happy with it, to say the least!!

At the end of the day to me it does not really matter, if I have the fastest saw, I just needed a saw for big firewood, not smokers & bonfires :) :) LOL!!
Man u sure r full of sarcasm arent u ? One more thing if I speak with u in a PM that means private message and not public! Lets keep it private what u say? I dont care if u like the fastest or what does and dont look good if I state my opinion on what I like . What u like is fine and Ill state whats important to me. If it offends u or intimidates you Im sorry!
:):dumb:

Man u sure r full of sarcasm arent u ? One more thing if I speak with u in a PM that means private message and not public! Lets keep it private what u say? I dont care if u like the fastest or what does and dont look good if I state my opinion on what I like . What u like is fine and Ill state whats important to me. If it offends u or intimidates you Im sorry!
:):dumb:

Not sure where all that came from? I am not offended or intimidated, by MY or YOUR choice in a saw, I think your taking this a little harder then it needs to be. I was just talking saws is all. I didn't know I said anything out of line, with what I mentioned above about our private message. Apparently I somehow did, and that offended you. I didn't post that with that intend, again was merely taking about a chain saw. Good Day!

P.S. What is wrong with a little sarcasm? About EVERY other post I read here n AS, is FULL of sarcasm!!

10 4 u r 100% right! Fire away with it

No thanks, last post then I am unsubscribed (people are way to easily offended anymore, and get there panties all bunched up over nothing) I'll take my junk, saws, bars & chains, axes, mauls, splitter and whatever firewood I like, and go sit in the corner with them and be happy and keep my thoughts to myself.

Look HOW MANY times Mustang Mike, has been ripped on for the whole, DP muffler/HD2 filter thing, and he stands his ground and keeps taking it!!! Without getting offended!!

Good day, Keith!!

Back