2 Man Gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I also heard that the larger case capacity on both the 460 & 461 generate more torque than the hybrid, but the hybrid is lighter.

Those 661s must be monsters, because stock 660s never impressed me (although ported ones really did).

I have seen some real strong 066/660's after a good muffler mod. You MUST remove the cage and let them breathe !!

20150302_091906.jpg
I have seen some real strong 066/660's after a good muffler mod. You MUST remove the cage and let them breathe !!

I expierenced the same , i was advised against it bein taken out but i dont use a 90cc saw enough for it to really matter...i have a gutted 660 muffler thats triple ported , it made a nice difference on the 064 i had , but i had to use the spacer for it to work.

View attachment 408206

I expierenced the same , i was advised against it bein taken out but i dont use a 90cc saw enough for it to really matter...i have a gutted 660 muffler thats triple ported , it made a nice difference on the 064 i had , but i had to use the spacer for it to work.
I don't know who advised keeping that restricted swiss cheesey rattle box in there ...........

I have had real good results with the single stock opening. I make them as big as the deflector allows and swap out the stock screen for one that breathes much better.

Attachments

• 066-660.jpg
    066-660.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 15
I don't know who advised keeping that restricted swiss cheesey rattle box in there ...........

I have had real good results with the single stock opening. I make them as big as the deflector allows and swap out the stock screen for one that breathes much better.

I have sheets of less restrictive screen that PA dan hooks me up with , guys that work with them say it takes away from the strength the cage provides for the muffler , i believe that...timber fallers expierence things most here wont.

I have sheets of less restrictive screen that PA dan hooks me up with , guys that work with them say it takes away from the strength the cage provides for the muffler , i believe that...timber fallers expierence things most here wont.
So long as you keep the supports where the bolts are, there isn't any problems as far as strength goes. I have 5 or 6 with tree companies and they are just loving the difference.

As far as testing goes, I don't want to take away anything from Redbull, but my results don't line up with his. Maybe due to the screen, the opening, the tune, or placement(s) of the opening(s)..............IDK ............... but everyone seems to modify mufflers differently.
It could be the combination that does it. The right ingredients make a great cake, too much of this or not enough of that and you only have bitter bread.

To the two bobsie twins: At least my life is not so pathetic that the highlight of my day is being someone's hemorrhoid.

Can't you guys find a thread for professionals you would rather be reading instead of harassing us?

Why don't you guys show up at one of the GTGs so I can see what real professional's saws run like?

And while you are at it, get a life.

Im no professional mike , ask keith ..im a lousy saw operator...im workin my way up to cutting with you at a GTG.

whats a bobsie ?

So long as you keep the supports where the bolts are, there isn't any problems as far as strength goes. I have 5 or 6 with tree companies and they are just loving the difference.

As far as testing goes, I don't want to take away anything from Redbull, but my results don't line up with his. Maybe due to the screen, the opening, the tune, or placement(s) of the opening(s)..............IDK ............... but everyone seems to modify mufflers differently.
It could be the combination that does it. The right ingredients make a great cake, too much of this or not enough of that and you only have bitter bread.
The best muffler mod is a old steel funnel bolted to the exhaust port. Loud pipe save lives

Latest posts

Back