2 Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookies

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My Husqvarna 435 appears to be leaking fuel from the tank around the top of the fuel level sight glass, any ideas for a fix? is this uncommon? common? I'd hate to buy a whole handle/tank if there is a known repair for this.
Second question is about a roll of chain I scored.
It's Foley Belsaw Quality saw chain, I assume its from the late 70's early 80's
Who manufactured it for them or did they make it? is it decent chain? I scoured the web with 0 luck finding information or even experiences about any of their chains. Curious in case I need to acquire some tie straps to make loops if they are missing from the box.

I have used jb stick for bar oil leaks on both my battery husqvarna saws, one being a pole saw. It is pretty easy and even if it only lasts a while it is easy to do it again. It was more for chain damage but one spot was from transport. There are a few different versions not sure it really matters but there is a plastic oriented one. Knead the stuff together make a worm like thing and press around the clear/colored area. If you can get a finger inside the tank in that area I would pinch more than press.

I pried out the little window very carefully, it was not difficult. At first I thought it was glued in somehow but found a bit of the fiber case plastic melted into the edges so likely it was sonic welded. I cleaned it up and left the cap off then applied some 3m plastic repair. I'll know in a hour if It was a mistake or home run, not a Rembrandt job on this one LOL There is no time for corrections with a 1 minute hardening window.

Attachments

• 20200129_161753.JPG
    20200129_161753.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200129_161745.JPG
    20200129_161745.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200129_172251.JPG
    20200129_172251.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
The roll of chain was finally delivered, low and behold its windsor brand chain wrapped in belsaw labeled packaging. Ended up getting 25 feet of it for around 70 bucks delivered, 3/8 .050 semi chisel. This chain must be 40+ years old, As I figured the box was opened to pilfer the tie straps so now I just need to find a pack of them :/ . Im still hunting a good deal on a roll of .325 .063 but that stuff is proving hard to find deals on unless its chinese chain :(

Latest posts

Back