$20 Pawn Shop MS261 Pipe Saw!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just about to ask if you could get some video too...it sure coulda sounded worse but man does it flop around!

If you need dimensions/specs on the pipe, PM me.

View attachment 686810

PM sent!

I have been toying with a similar design that splits the pressure wave. The expansion on the left sends back the negative scavenging pressure wave, and the restriction on the right sends back the positive wave. It should allows the same dynamics in a smaller package, but it wasn't until now that I realized that the key to splitting the pulse effectively with the appropriate shift in speed was the strategic placement of self-tapping screws.

It's raining now, but as soon as the downspouts are free, I'm going to give it a shot!

PM sent!

I have been toying with a similar design that splits the pressure wave. The expansion on the left sends back the negative scavenging pressure wave, and the restriction on the right sends back the positive wave. It should allows the same dynamics in a smaller package, but it wasn't until now that I realized that the key to splitting the pulse effectively with the appropriate shift in speed was the strategic placement of self-tapping screws.

It's raining now, but as soon as the downspouts are free, I'm going to give it a shot!

You forgot about a hose clamp

Ya, know in my years of working with saws, I have seen many repairs. Some temporary and some that would make a mechanic start drinking. However this one has made the top 10. The previous owner must have been a physiological mental case or forgot to take his thorazine, lithium, and xanax. What a rig.How could anyone ever butcher there saw so badly?Unless the muffler vibrated off! Anyway put a new jug, piston rings, and you may have a good runner.Don't forget the muffler with the screen, Ken

Sad that she is scored.... Is it mtronic? Hopefully the jug will clean up and you could try one of those hyway popup pistons for cheap get a new aftermarket muffler and have less then 75 bucks in a good runner. Oh and you suck btw

That's the Ol' Fonzle It's the hopped up backyard trenching saw. Backwards rusty chain and pipe mods are the dead give away. To bad they lost the factory clamp. That's going to lower the value.

Latest posts

Back