2009 Snellerized NE346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a nice looking setup. The bar matches the gray clutch cover. Personally, since it's a limbing saw, I would have chosen a 18" bar for the extra reach...especially since it weighs about the same as a typical 14" bar.

WOW.........

I really didn't like the self tappers but that's just me.:chainsaw:

Some are total junk, made to go in once and left alone, almost like a threaded rivet. Others seem to be a better metal and work very well in sheet metal applications.

I shied away from them for years until I got some of the good ones and now I find myself using them more and more.

Mr. HE:cool:

Oh they definately have their uses! They come in quite handy, but I prefer the Tig Weld look for this. It looks much more professional and cleaner.:chainsaw:

You buy the TIG for me, and I'll learn how to use it:rock: Honestly, I'd still use screws here, so that the screen can be removed and cleaned. That's how the factory did it.

Actually the factory doesn't use tech screws they use "Bolts" but that's okay.:chainsaw:

Brad, just wandering if you had the part number for the 16" bar,will that bar work with the stock chain? Thanks

Brad, just wandering if you had the part number for the 16" bar,will that bar work with the stock chain? Thanks

No Kiddin' huh!!!

That RW bar looks too friggin KEWL!

I'll bet the aluminum inserts only save 1/2 an ounce, but I LIKE the idea
If it holds up as good as it looks. Only one way to find out.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

That silver clutch cover is hideous. Your bar looks swell though.

BAH!!!!

After a couple months of sliding around in the truck, and idling on it's side, it blends nicely.;)

And there is always the rattle can if it bugs ya that much.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

That is a nice looking setup. The bar matches the gray clutch cover. Personally, since it's a limbing saw, I would have chosen a 18" bar for the extra reach...especially since it weighs about the same as a typical 14" bar.

:agree2:

You buy the TIG for me, and I'll learn how to use it:rock: Honestly, I'd still use screws here, so that the screen can be removed and cleaned. That's how the factory did it.

Have you ever tried to drill and tap a muffler?
Seems like it would do the trick.

Latest posts

Back