2012 Firewood Prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok here I go again, last year we got quite a response to a fire wood price thread. Last year I was paying $150-$160.00 a cord 4x4x8 for a mix of oak and hard maple in Poconos PA. I burnt about 8 cord and in mach 2012 I bought 8 more at $160.00. Now told that the "new price" is $180. Anybody else seeing a 15% price increase this year?

I looked in our local advertiser outta curiosity. 100" log length truckloads of oak (8-12 cords depending on truck) 55-70/cord plus delivery. Cut split and delivered ranging from $150-$175 / full cord delivered "locally", also oak. This is in Northwest Wisconsin, took a look at Minneapolis craigslist shows full cords of oak ranging from $200 and up, way up. It's enough to make a guy become a middle man...

avg here in SE WI $200 + a cord mixed, as high as $300 for all Oak. All seasoned of course( please pass the salt)
At these prices its a better return than any financial tools. And it seems that in this area if it isn't a conifer it is considered hardwood ( technically correct ) Silver maple and Box Elder very popular in the mixed cord class with a smattering of anything else. Some are plus delivery and stacking.

I looked in our local advertiser outta curiosity. 100" log length truckloads of oak (8-12 cords depending on truck) 55-70/cord plus delivery. Cut split and delivered ranging from $150-$175 / full cord delivered "locally", also oak. This is in Northwest Wisconsin, took a look at Minneapolis craigslist shows full cords of oak ranging from $200 and up, way up. It's enough to make a guy become a middle man...

My local is in step with this price range for 100" lengths.

Last weekend my friend got 10 cords of 1.5-2 year old Ash/Paper Birch mix for $65/cord.

Don't sell my premium hardwoods, but am selling firepit wood for $120-$140 cord. Lower price to local marina that buys 5cords +.
Others usually purchase 1/2 cord loads so they pay more. Wood sat in rounds over the winter, split in may, burns ok for the firepit now. Siberian elm, boxelder, green ash, some black cherry and red elm. Price includes delivery up to 10 miles.
Only have one home heating customer, she gets all green ash and black cherry, split/seasoned for 1-2 years. Should charge more but selling to her for $140/cord.

Oregon - $175 a cord for fir split and delivered. $200+ a cord for oak split and delivered. We sell a mixed cord for $185.

Something I have wanted to do...

As usual, around here firewood is selling for $45 per "pickup load".:msp_wink:

..on several levels..just for a hoot. You see these ads "cheap" per load, if you load. Swell, show up in a bobbed deuce "pickup" and fill it up!

$180 a cord mixed hardwood soon to be $200 ( Sept 15th ) and may go $225 if market demands :msp_w00t:

$300 for a cord of 100% cherry $250 for a cord of 100% oak

..on several levels..just for a hoot. You see these ads "cheap" per load, if you load. Swell, show up in a bobbed deuce "pickup" and fill it up!

I wonder how much they'd hit me for? I've got an 8' x 9' flatbed, with 3' side rails. yes sir, it's a "pickup".

Last edited:
on the dry side of the state

I sell a cord split delivered for $175, its a mix of pine & fir. But its really cut-throat out here. You will see lots of $110-$120/ cord ads in craigslist.

2012 firewood prices.

In Rhode Island I sell 16" cut and split small diameter kiln dried full cord for $ 375.00 delivered.

planman, I'd say lst year at 150-160 per cord delivered (true hardwoods), you were getting a really nice deal. The 180 is more in line for PA prices.

I really really really want one of these.

m35.jpg

Although changing a tire along the roadside might be a pain.

Here is a drive by partial picture of the guys wood yard that I mentioned that delivered my friends wood.

62A19805-9C53-4DB1-9461-D5A571B99B75-20309-000017CD33E6FBF4.jpg

m35.jpg

I like the deuce and a half, but I'd prefer duals on the rear. I hope they put better seating in it.

Here is a drive by partial picture of the guys wood yard that I mentioned that delivered my friends wood.

Oh ya, those are nice. Although if I could afford one, just the full size edition is fine. I'd rather have the cargo space and extra axle. But I *do* like what they look like bobbed and that crewcab is boss!

Latest posts

Back