2012 Firewood Prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 84 acres of hardwood, and I want 30ish clear cut for projects. With what the forester offered me, and what the local mill ass-hat offered me - I'd be a fool not to cut it and stack the logs, then hire some day labor to split it and sell it in the metro (I live there - have to drive to my woods anyway: free shipping to me aside from a little extra gas). I'd get double what the "pro's" are offering for timber.

How many cords can a couple guys split in 10 hours? Well, make it 5, so I'm not paying for them when they're tired and wore out. :lol: My neck is wrecked, so I can't do that stuff all day.

i'm selling a mixed cord for 160 and 190 for all oak. All seasoned and ready to go and also delivered.

im in southeast PA, Berks county.

i've found that my mixed cord is a little cheap when compared to most guys.

Some people gotta have rocks in their heads to be paying $300+ a cord! Nice to be the seller but at that price I would just buy oil or gas. Nothing to haul and no mess. Im glad I do my own firewood.

Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Im sure some bonehead will pay $300 for a cord of wood but most of us sane individuals will do the math and burn oil or gas

The limbs of my trees will end up in a wood pile, the brush will be burned. I hope to sell off the majority of trash as firewood, but I agree - it'll need to go at some point.

Money or trash can be a fine line depending how you look at it.

remember i am and arborist just sell wood on the side but i do sell 150 full cords a year: so do you want to look at wood or get rid of it

Being in the tree service, you have to make money with every chip. Oh , What do you do with your chips ?

As usual, around here firewood is selling for $45 per "pickup load".:msp_wink:

how does anyone make any money doing that. I can get $65 for a pickup load. But i sale nice big load. When i first started selling firewood i sold it for $50 to under cut everone and then the next winter nobody sold anymore because i took all the customers and i jack the price up to $65. But anyone who buys 10 or more loads i give them a deal and i evan have a few who buy 1 or 2 loads a winter and they give a $100 each for it. You can belive it or dont but that is what i do all winter long.

Being in the tree service, you have to make money with every chip. Oh , What do you do with your chips ?
dump them for free for the last 35 years:hmm3grin2orange:
or019d.jpg
2r6jh8h.jpg
bg4meo.jpg
nygz8p.jpg

I'm north eastern-ish CT seeing $180-200 seasoned cut split delivered. Friend just had 4 clean cord dropped unstacked on their property for $800 cash. They don't want the work, so they pay.... maybe I'll sell to them next year. I've got 15+ cord but have never sold a stick, probably cause I have no truck...

Back