2016 Christmas giveaway

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that's the little top handle saw, I'd love to have it. I don't have a little saw that I can play with. I don't know if I have anything to contribute to the Christmas giveaway as I just started collecting saws. I'll look though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't have to be saw related!

Chain Rehab Offer

I will clean, sharpen, and generally recondition any chains that a recipient can rationally fit into a USPS Small, Flat-Rate Box.

This includes: cleaning/degreasing; sharpening cutters ( 30°/55°/0° unless specified); cleaning gullets; adjusting depth gauges (0.025" unless specified); rounding depth gages; minor de-burring of drive links; re-lubricating. Returned in similar package within USPS flat-rate restrictions.

*No rusted, bent, twisted, missing cutters, etc. Round ground only. Reserve the right to reject any chains. Might take me a while to get them back to you (late January?) so don't send me both of your chains if you have winter cutting to do. Good opportunity to 'even out' or rehab some chains for a fresh start.

(Offer is open to those who celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, Festivus, etc.; zealots, atheists, agnostics, or just regular folks who enjoy chainsaws and participate in this forum).

Philbert

Chain Rehab Offer

I will clean, sharpen, and generally recondition any chains that a recipient can rationally fit into a USPS Small, Flat-Rate Box.

This includes: cleaning/degreasing; sharpening cutters ( 30°/55°/0° unless specified); cleaning gullets; adjusting depth gauges (0.025" unless specified); rounding depth gages; minor de-burring of drive links; re-lubricating. Returned in similar package within USPS flat-rate restrictions.

*No rusted, bent, twisted, missing cutters, etc. Round ground only. Reserve the right to reject any chains. Might take me a while to get them back to you (late January?) so don't send me both of your chains if you have winter cutting to do. Good opportunity to 'even out' or rehab some chains for a fresh start.

(Offer is open to those who celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, Festivus, etc.; zealots, atheists, agnostics, or just regular folks who enjoy chainsaws and participate in this forum).

Philbert
That's a great gift

Chain Rehab Offer

Philbert
Wow that is awesome!

Chain Rehab Offer

Philbert
Dang and here I was going to ship you a rusted scratcher chain for an 8ft mall bar... ;)

Great gift!

Chain Rehab Offer

Philbert
Great gift.Hope next year someone offers same for chisel (-;

Update:
1.) Mac 1-40 - @jerrycmorrow
2.) 2x 325 .058 carlton chains of any length - @nstueve
3.) 2x 325 .058 34LG oregon chains of any length - @atpchas
4.) 211 stihl parts - @brandonstc6
5.) Poulan Pro 295 (good compression) - @bowtechmadman
6.) 2x 3/8LP .043 GB R43S chains of any length - @atpchas
7.)5x 3/8 .050 full chisel oregon chain, 72 or 84dl you pick, used/like new--- @astnmacgto
8.)XL 12 parts,lots
9) A064 14" for 1/4" pitch chain OR New Oregon replacement sprocket nose for .325 chain @svk
10) Large flat rate of chains @ValleyFirewood
11) Poulan Fuel Line Kit (2) @dougand3[/QUOTE]
12) OEM H-142 top cover (mainewoods)

Cool! Then I can contribute something!
I think most of us like working with our hands on stuff so anything mechanical will be well accepted. I think some guys have given smoked meat and other stuff away on the Charity Threads before. Just look around the shop and ask yourself what you havent used in 4-5 years that someone else might get better use from... or even offering services like Philbert did. I have seen medical kits put together by someone working at a hospital (good for accident prone people like me), iphone/pad fixes, etc etc. What do you do professionally? could you offer a small service in that direction.

Think outside the CHAINSAW BOX people!

I think most of us like working with our hands on stuff so anything mechanical will be well accepted. I think some guys have given smoked meat and other stuff away on the Charity Threads before. Just look around the shop and ask yourself what you havent used in 4-5 years that someone else might get better use from... or even offering services like Philbert did. I have seen medical kits put together by someone working at a hospital (good for accident prone people like me), iphone/pad fixes, etc etc. What do you do professionally? could you offer a small service in that direction.

Think outside the CHAINSAW BOX people!

I'm an operator at a chemical plant, so I doubt anyone could use my services there, unless they're putting a distillation column in their back yard. :) I couldn't find anything mechanical, but I did find some pipe tobacco that doesn't really suit me. I'll offer up three tins of Sutliff pipe tobacco. I have Breckinridge, Balkan Luxury Blend 957, and Gaslight. The first two have at max two bowls out of them. The gas light has one complete plug, and about half of the other one already cut and flaked. I haven't been smoking my pipes much, and I prefer aromatics. I'll pay shipping to lower 48.
b40b760a50830bb0d8c868fbef1c573d.jpg
731e4b75e4ff9a64588a3820473c9680.jpg

Do you do contract work on those?
Yes sir I do as time allows. I've probably traded or given away more than I've sold. Especially to veterans I know. I've got a couple knives serving duty with some special forces guys I know. Plenty all over Tennessee too. All I need is time to make them

Yes sir I do as time allows. I've probably traded or given away more than I've sold. Especially to veterans I know. I've got a couple knives serving duty with some special forces guys I know. Plenty all over Tennessee too. All I need is time to make them
That is cool. I know a guy who makes knives but he is in the guards and is on a base in Virginia for several months.

Latest posts

Back