2016 Iowa spring gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will be in limbo for a while, no way around that. And yes grandpas tools were grandpas tools and nothing can be done about that. I always admired your old Forney welder, they don't make em like that anymore but they do make better ones. Maybe with less character but better in the long run.

Many years ago I lost a house to fire so I know a little how you feel. Looking back though and my situation, it was one of the better things that happend to me when it was all said and done.

While waiting on your insurance, start doing a inventory now! Write it down, get your brother and other family to help you try and remember everything that was in that building and get it written down in a ledger now. You can add to it as you remember things you missed the first time around.

Every nut and bolt in the place, every tool no matter how small. Everything down to the light bulbs in each light fixture. By doing this you will probably max out your insurance limit which is what you want to dol.

This is the hardest thing to do but it has to be done and the sooner you get started on it the better. Just trying to help from someone who went through something like it.

We have already started the list,tryin to go wall to wall and remember what was there!

dc8922c0584208913cabddd6078f0b69.jpg
c65881d4726790a5c1a8007b3eff4d50.jpg
27e0c3a575f1fd3ed110271ced95b85b.jpg
3c1af9412dc19754c3dee9f1e0e29d5e.jpg
. Shop at 2am. Probably won't be a gtg here as was planned. Lost everything. All my saws, ranger ,tools and lots more. Very sickening!!

From the Hills

That really sucks. I just went through that and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Found the saws today,nothin but powder,not a melted blob,powder!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
tried to load pics but wont work.

I looked back on my phone and couldn't find any since I just changed phones 14-16mo ago. I'll try and fire up the old phone and camera to find some more...

Back