2018/2019 firewood prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here where I live wood is cheap, so cheap that I'll buy a cord here and there to help A friend make a sell....$120 a cord, Oak and locust.

Lots of logging around and logs are going for $400 for 8 cords delivered.

Last time I sold.....$100 a cord.

A 14-16 seer heatpump would be considerably cheaper than some of the wood prices posted,wow.

Just no market for wood here.

Here where I live wood is cheap, so cheap that I'll buy a cord here and there to help A friend make a sell....$120 a cord, Oak and locust.

Lots of logging around and logs are going for $400 for 8 cords delivered.

Last time I sold.....$100 a cord.

A 14-16 seer heatpump would be considerably cheaper than some of the wood prices posted,wow.

Just no market for wood here.
? must be from all the "hot air" and "bull ****" coming from "DC" keeping the heat up and sales cheap !!lol

$250 a cord for oak and $230 for mixed. Free delivery within 10 miles. Sell around 125 cords a year and sell out earlier each year. This past season I delivered it all from September- early November

Western Wisconsin just north of Rice Lake you can buy red oak logs for $60 off the logging deck if you got a large enough trailer to make it work. Pretty sure he would deliver as well but not sure of the charge. If any of you resellers are looking for logs. 715-491-9732 That's a little cheaper than I have seen in MN.

The going price for a full cord here in Texas for Oak is between $240 and $350......I turn around, bag it and sell for $1200

I am trying to understand what in the world is going on here in Sunny California which is not always sunny. We had up to 45'' of snow after Christmas was normal calls for wood. I turned 400 customers away before Christmas. I added $150 to all orders with no problems. Was selling Oak for $650 a cord plus stacking. After Christmas added another $100 per cord and still turned away 200 orders. At the moment I sell Oak and Pine mix for $650 a cord with Oak at $900 and still receive tips. So I am convinced that others around the country and else where should see an increase in their pricing as well. I am aware under Mr. Slow Joe economy could go South pretty fast along with the concept that few want to actually work. No matter what I do not think that $900 a cord is even reasonable as it should be closer to $1500 to be able to make a profit on investment. No one can hire a competent worker, buy insurance and pay all vehicle expenses for under $30 an hour. So does the trend seem like a fluke or is a turn around business deal. Thanks

I am trying to understand what in the world is going on here in Sunny California which is not always sunny. We had up to 45'' of snow after Christmas was normal calls for wood. I turned 400 customers away before Christmas. I added $150 to all orders with no problems. Was selling Oak for $650 a cord plus stacking. After Christmas added another $100 per cord and still turned away 200 orders. At the moment I sell Oak and Pine mix for $650 a cord with Oak at $900 and still receive tips. So I am convinced that others around the country and else where should see an increase in their pricing as well. I am aware under Mr. Slow Joe economy could go South pretty fast along with the concept that few want to actually work. No matter what I do not think that $900 a cord is even reasonable as it should be closer to $1500 to be able to make a profit on investment. No one can hire a competent worker, buy insurance and pay all vehicle expenses for under $30 an hour. So does the trend seem like a fluke or is a turn around business deal. Thanks
I’ve always thought the prices you post are nuts but $900 a cord is reasonable!? $1500!? I hear Cali has the good weed.

Highest I have seen around here is $450 a cord for seasoned oak. You can still find some $200-$250 but it might be mixed hardwoods.

I think with the "changing" economy and increasing fuel prices, firewood sales will be through the roof this coming season and prices for firewood will go up significantly. Good ole supply and demand.

I know and I didn’t say you were nuts. I said the prices you post are. What’s nuts is the people paying you those prices. Thanks.
EG I have been cutting wood and fixing saws for more than FIFTY years so loosing a few marbles or minus a couple of bricks is in order. What ever happens in California means the rest of the world will follow I think or not. Thanks

Just before Christmas I picked up a 2 cord load for $250. Guy splits it off his processor right into my dump trailer. All hard wood and 90% oak. He did raise his price $25 a cord. Still pretty damn cheap for not having to do any of the work but unloading and stacking.

Just before Christmas I picked up a 2 cord load for $250. Guy splits it off his processor right into my dump trailer. All hard wood and 90% oak. He did raise his price $25 a cord. Still pretty damn cheap for not having to do any of the work but unloading and stacking.
Wow that’s cheap. (If you’re talking a 128cu/ft cord). That’s what we pay for the 8’ logs, or more!

We would pile the wood off the Processor with a conveyor to be stacked at a later time ( high school helpers on the weekends). One fall we never got a couple 25' piles stacked. It was May when we finally got to the center of them and there was still ice in the center at the bottom. These piles were on concrete in the wide open and if you didn't get them stacked, you would have black mold and frogs living in the centers it was so wet.

Wow that’s cheap. (If you’re talking a 128cu/ft cord). That’s what we pay for the 8’ logs, or more!
Yes, , he mounds my 14' dump trailer that has 4.5' sides on it.

I thi
I think with the "changing" economy and increasing fuel prices, firewood sales will be through the roof this coming season and prices for firewood will go up significantly. Good ole supply and demand.
I think that is a good summary of the situation. One thing that seems very relevant is with all the hand out and unemployment means few need to work. Thanks

Latest posts

Back