2100 Husqvarna pistion and cylinder questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluehill logger

Bluehill logger

ArboristSite Member
I'm swapping out the p & c on my 285 for a 2100 cylinder. I just happened to be reading a saw repair manual (not the actual husky manual) that says that the piston and cylinder need to be stamped with the same tolerances i.e. cylinder stamped with "A" must have a matching piston stamped "A". I've got a cylinder stamped with a "B" on it an a piston stamped with an "e". According to the manual the piston is slightly oversized for the cylinder. Has anyone has any real experienc mixing p & c in this fashion?

I've searched around and the piston alone seems to be no longer availible from husqvarna, and the golf pistons have no such tolerance indications.

Thanks
Rodger

husq2100

husq2100

Addicted to ArboristSite
i thought that there were only 3 sizes: A, B and C... the E you are seeing may be something different??

if A is the smallest and C the largest, you could run any piston in a C cylinder but only an A in a A cylinder, you could run a A or B piston in a B cylinder atc etc....

only my opinion.
Serg