2101 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Two husky saws of old, that I have always wanted. The 288xp, and the 2101xp. Well in a few days I am getting a 2101 from one of my buddies a good clean saw! Im pretty excited I already have a 51 husky, 044, and a 660, I already feel fortunate with what I own but must say the 2101 will be a very nice addition! Anybody out there want to share their experiences if they have had any with one thanks.......... Norm.........

Two husky saws of old, that I have always wanted. The 288xp, and the 2101xp. Well in a few days I am getting a 2101 from one of my buddies a good clean saw! Im pretty excited I already have a 51 husky, 044, and a 660, I already feel fortunate with what I own but must say the 2101 will be a very nice addition! Anybody out there want to share their experiences if they have had any with one thanks.......... Norm.........

Hey Norm!
Hope all is well over on your end!
Thanks again for helping me out, I have been using them all summer!!!!!!

No experience with the 2101XP, but have to say the seem rare from my end.
Only seen them on the bay, and rarely see many threads on them that I have been in, parts even seem to be a bugger to get! Sounds like I am talking my way into one! I hate CAD!!!!!!

i have a 2100xp the older version i ran it once so far and it is nice parts. are harder to find but not to bad:chainsaw:

I really enjoyed the 2100 that I had for a time. To be honest, it was a little tricky to get parts for, but it was a lot of fun to have the beast around. Besides, NOTHING in todays line-up sounds quite like it.

One of the easiest saws to tear down, clean, fix, and put back together, problem is though, that whole fix thing. If I got one again, I would definately buy one of those "lot of nuts and bolts" from a 2100 that come up from time to time on the Bay. Have fun with it, again, it's a lot of fun, but I think your 660 will still cut noticeably faster just due to the higher RPM's.

The 288xp on the other hand. I still use one as an everyday saw. Sure I run a 7900, but I keep a 28" skip on my 288, and it takes care of many a beech and sugar maple trunk round here. For me, the 288 has been the hurkiest saw I own. It has been so good to me, that I didn't buy a 660 when the time came to decide, and I bought my 088 instead. Granted the 088 only comes out once in a while, but that 288 comes out all the time, and won't die.

I can understand why you love those 2 saws, I do too. And I don't have a favorite brand, I own a little of a lot of brands, and they all have their place. Enjoy you 2101, and the future 288.

Jason

You will like the 2101. They are a good combination of torque and speed. They are fuel governed stock. Alot of guys plug the governor valve in the carb. I don't se the need to plug it unless the valve gets weak and opens at too low of rpms.

I have two 2100's running and one for parts. I think they are one of the classiest saws husky made. I only junk firewood with mine occasionally to keep them active. I will tell you to be careful with the starter side because as you probably know they crank over pretty stiff. Good luck with the saw though im sure you will enjoy it.

I have two 2100's but, no 2101's , albeit I believe them to be the same. I'm really not a Husky guy but, believe them to be be one of the best saws ever built.

As far as I know the 2101 has a av spring in the front by the dog, 2100 no spring rubber mount.

I have always felt that the 2100/2101 was the best saw Husqvarna ever built. I need to find me a 2101 one day.

I have a decent collection of 2100 's runners , Bushsaws (Walkerized , Meiereezd ,and Barry-ized These were some of the big names in porting and pollishing , muffler mods out here on Vancouver island through out the 70's when the 2100's/2101 were used by 90% of the logging company for first Growth , and Shake blocking) I still run my 2100's all the time , one of the fastest husky's to fire , alway 1-2 pulls . All my 2100's Full wraps and wear at least 36' .404 Skip , with the longest at 46' .404 Skip we still use that old pig for timber over 5FT . Even with the long bar they still pull ya around the tree.

If you need Parts for the 2100/2101 Come to the island ppl will givew you truck loads of 2100's lol . There everywhere out here.

Right on!

Thanks for the replies. Im excited. I am needing a new full wrap handle if you guys know anyone? Maybe we could work a trade. Since I am broke now. LOL! I really still have a softspot for 288s also man gotta have one. Never seen anything like it about five years ago just after we bought our house here, and speny are last buck! I went into rainbow ag feed, and power equipment. Just needed some chicken food, but always gotta check out any stores chainsaw come on. You know I gotta at least look. I saw on there husky floor a brand new 288xp full wrap with a 32in bar what? How Am i DREAMIN? they sell 385s not 288s anymore. Somehow this thing got tucked away, and overlooked. IT Killed me! No money nothing I could do. I think about it all the time you dont see that everyday!! Ps my saw shop has a supplier that is unbelievable for parts almost anything. Let me know Ill give you there number. Looked all over the world, and web for parts for my buddies p45 pioneer. They got everything for me nobody else could get more than a saw bar. Thanks again fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back