2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good score, don't worry about its appearance, it will tidy up and look good as well, maybe some husky orange on the top covers. At least she is running.

Thanks norm,
i was going to put up his semi final run but one of the guys made a meal of his cut and i did not want to humiliate him on a public forum. I should keep looking through my collection and should find more 2100 vids.

Firewood2011007.jpg

Firewood2011010.jpg

got to use it in this the otherday,did good exept it didnt clear chips as good as i'd like. running 42" fullcomp be better with skip. ran the 288 elimanator 32" skip , realy moved the chips. the mac did pratty good with 46"fullcomp you could lean on it harder with slower chain speed. go ahead and flame in the bar , but it works.View attachment 202135

Looks like you have been haveing fun in that pic.
what is the mac a 797 or ct 125 or something else. I have a few like that one

I'm picking my tank up tomorrow. Had to have it welded as the previous owner ran it with 4 of the 6 AV broken. A hole was worn into the oil reservoiur. I'll get some pics as soon as I get it back together.

Dang, it still has some weepage (way better than the big azz hole though).....time for some JB.

Ausneil1, nice video. Ductape how is the saw running? Let me know if you want to part with it. I ran mine yesterday. I love that thing more, and more every day.

Norm, just a quick question....
have you done much with a 3120.
My reason for asking is this, i like the 2100 as well, i cut logs professionaly with them for years when they were the currant big husky saw, but later the 3120 came to our bush and they became the top saw for the pro. I also cut big logs for years with the 3120 in old growth timber and they made me a lot of money.
Another thing, we ran oregon CJX skip square sharpened when it came out on the 3120 and that made the big saws even better which we never had on the older 2100's. square sharpened chains cut through our thick bark like butter.

The 2100 is not much lighter than the 3120 and over a full days logfalling the 3120 will produce a lot more wood on the ground.

i am not knocking the old 2100, i simply have used both to make a good living and both served me very well.

Last edited:
No, to be honest not used a 3120. Know what they are, and capable of. I am impressed with the one at work just by running it, and feel. I have cut with 076's, 084's. With me having my 660, and the 2101 I have never needed anything bigger. I have been able to tackle big stuff with ease. On the other hand I have a real good friend, and timber faller in oregon. He run's 660's, and 880's. He said if he was man enough he would use the 880 all day. I have held the 3120 in one arm, and my 2101 in the other there is a substantial weight difference. I can run the 2101 all day. The 3120 has 3-4 lbs I believe over the 2101. Between my 660, and 2101 not a world of difference in weight to the feel for me I know the 2101 is heavier, but they feel close when I run em. I am sure the 880, and 3120 would win the race, but for me I am very content, and happy with the two I have. If I had extra cash I would have a 880 or 3120 too, at least just to have LOL! But believe me it would be put to use in big Euacalptus. Good question though dude.

No, to be honest not used a 3120. Know what they are, and capable of. I am impressed with the one at work just by running it, and feel. I have cut with 076's, 084's. With me having my 660, and the 2101 I have never needed anything bigger. I have been able to tackle big stuff with ease. On the other hand I have a real good friend, and timber faller in oregon. He run's 660's, and 880's. He said if he was man enough he would use the 880 all day. I have held the 3120 in one arm, and my 2101 in the other there is a substantial weight difference. I can run the 2101 all day. The 3120 has 3-4 lbs I believe over the 2101. Between my 660, and 2101 not a world of difference in weight to the feel for me I know the 2101 is heavier, but they feel close when I run em. I am sure the 880, and 3120 would win the race, but for me I am very content, and happy with the two I have. If I had extra cash I would have a 880 or 3120 too, at least just to have LOL! But believe me it would be put to use in big Euacalptus. Good question though dude.

For what your doing your saws obviously are just fine. The 066 and 088 combination is also very popular with our cutters. These days our bigger crews all have harvesters which has made the professional log cutter redundant, they are still around but not like it used to be.

Norm there is nothing wrong with the 066 either, they have made our guys a lot of money as well.

I own a lot of saws, vintage, work and race saws and, like you love the 2100's, i love 3120's the best.
I collect macs as well and the 125 is my pic, a hardened mac man out here says they are god, i beleive they are just another good saw from a different era.
I like this thread.... neil

Good stuff Neil, and like you mentioned my faller buddy is running a harvester now the most too. I would love a 3120 in the lineup I think they are a force to be reckoned with. Never run a 125 I would take one too. Good shiat Jon!

Thanks Norm, I do what I can for humors sake. By the way, Aaron offered to take my 2100CD off my hands for fear that I was using it when I broke my leg. He even offered to call my wife to plead his case that it was merely to save me any further injury.
I was using my 288XP when I was attacked by the tree, and that saw is staying with me until the bitter end.
I knew of a guy here locally that was looking to get rid of one of his two anniversary model 3120's, I wish I'd had the cash at the time. It was pretty Bad Azz.

Good deal Jon, when was that you all healed up? I know I wont part with the 2101, and someday will get a 288. Those 3120's are nice too!:lifter: All muscle, and not for the weak, or faint of heart.

I knew you were using the 288 when that tree attacked you Jon...............but I figured your wife didn't!:D

Oh well that makes perfect sense then.............I'm sure I would try the same if roles were reversed........:msp_biggrin:

I should be back to cutting in a couple more weeks, and I have a couple of big trees lined up. A big Oak up near Georgetown, and a couple of big Eucalyptus over near Roseville.

Oh well that makes perfect sense then.............I'm sure I would try the same if roles were reversed........:msp_biggrin:

I should be back to cutting in a couple more weeks, and I have a couple of big trees lined up. A big Oak up near Georgetown, and a couple of big Eucalyptus over near Roseville.

I'm sure you would Jon.:D

I'll let you know when I'm heading through your area. My trip to Georgetown should be in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Neil does the chain spin in the other direction in the Southern Hemisphere..............:laugh:

hahahaha thats good. maybe we do things a little different down under.

Hey Jon,,, just a thought, our toilets flush downwards so which way do yours flush?

i should take a few pics of my collection but only have this rough pic of chosen race saws for the 2010 australian title events in QLd.

the lineup is....
576 pipe
394 pipe
3120 pipe
3120 visualy standard speed
3120 visualy standard post saw
394 visualy standard speed and post saw
575 visualy standard speed
395 visualy standard.. spare saw

Last edited:
See even a die hard Homelite, and Mac man cant wait to get his hand's on a 2100 husky. Jon you will be in good hand's with those big huskie's, when you meet up with that Eaucalptus:lifter: Heavy weight's! Ausneil some nice husky's on the floor!

Latest posts

Back