2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brothers, what's up that's a score of part's, I bet there spoken for eh?

I made contact right after that posting, got the package price-"no parting out". it's a fine deal but this homie can't play. i had to call the bank to seef i could order a 98-link chain today.

Crap, why am I having such a dill of a time trying to get pics to show?
tends to be a crapshoot for me too. I think i cracked the code today though...un-tick the checkbox about remote reference or whatever it says.

Soooo I now have a 98-link square-ground skippity-tooth in the mail and some fresh 8-pins. Heck i just found out that 8-pin is standard for 3/8's on this one. 7-pin for .404

HAY, lemme axe this here where bars are big, are bars for heavier gauge made thicker/stiffer? this 30" windsor 050 is pretty whippy. Would a .063 be stiffer?

Milling/slabbing mostly that is.

Hey Wade,,,
Quick pic of the only 2100 i have today and it came from the states.
214250d1325279722-dsc00086-jpg

hey, at least you have some muscle to put into it. .
i'm a wiry 170 (77 kilos or 12 stone in old money), the saw looks bigger in my hands.:hmm3grin2orange:

Here i make my little SachsD look big.

214273d1325290116-bucking-116si-jpg

Last edited:
214250d1325279722-dsc00086-jpg

hey, at least you have some muscle to put into it. .
i'm a wiry 170 (77 kilos or 12 stone in old money), the saw looks bigger in my hands.:hmm3grin2orange:

Here i make my little SachsD look big.

214273d1325290116-bucking-116si-jpg

hahah, all good mate besides its not the size of the dog but the fight in the dog that counts.
you look to be going ok in that pic. What is the dozer in the back a little komatsu or D4E cat.

... What is the dozer in the back a little komatsu or D4E cat.
That's "our" skiddozier. D5H. 120hp I'm told-purrs at idle. It's just big enough to pull two good trees out, three if one or two is smallish. Biggest thing we're dropping is 30-32 inches at the butt-Yellow Poplar, a not-so-hard-wood. My and my neighbor-a cow farmer (who prefers logging to farming) are doing the logging with that Cat and a crusty old 100-horse tractor and a smallish semi-truck-2 bunks. My other logging pal hauls as much in one load as we do in two...but he's a PRO-fessional. We get 3,000-4,000 bdft on a load-usually closer to 3,000.

no excuse for a 2100 saw, but to mill on some of the scraps.

but wait until i hand one to him. :blob2:

Thank,s brother's! I was a little sad but Im ok with it. My dog's are the most important I love em unconditionally. Been a hard month for injurie's. We have done pretty well over the year's. We used to vest strike dog's too, but then went to vesting just the catch dog's. No more they all wear vests from now on! If you remeber Saturday before last my dog Jack took a hit to the chest, I am so thankfull he is ok. While Parmeter and I were hunting that ranch, one of my best friend's was hunting another 6 miles up the road. He was on a nasty Boar as well, and thing's went south quick. He could not let the prized catch dog's go, because the battle was to far off, and getting further. He held em back, and did the right thing. He ran, and ran heard one of his two dog's get hit, and quit barking his heart sank, the dog Cornbread is his favorite, and best from a line he started. The Cornbread line I love this dog. His other dog Miss grit a year old maybe, kept barking then it got silent, the kind of silence where your'e heart stop's with time, and everything stand's still. He searched for over ten hour's, and sadly did not have a tracker due to lack of fund's, like me until I got one a few month's ago. Donated by a friend to us. A friend went to the ranch first light the next day, and stayed and searched till dark. Being a new spot for the dog's that they never hunted, I thought they got lost. Torry thought they got kille'd, and he was a wreck. I tried, and offered to due whatever it took, and go out that night even beat, and tired, and take the next few day's off work. Friend's and neighboors looked througout that week. Torry went up again the following Saturday to no avail. I had not slept a full night with them two dog's on my mind. Miss grit was found by a park ranger, and returned about 6 day's into all of this, that was awesome! She was a long way's off probably got turned around. Troyy, and I contacted everyone on facebook, and must have made a million call's over the following week this one just passing. I get a excited text after text, this last wednesday. Torry got a call cornbread was sighted, he made it about thirty plus miles! Looking for his friend's and home! He made it to the ward ranch that they hunt, and he had been hunting pig's since a pup. Torry, searched frantically day, and night 24-7, just could not find him covered many miles. Seemed like he was chasing his tail, and calls kept coming from people seeing Cornbread. And I got a call from a friend who work's with us at the county come to find out the following Saturday when Torry had gone to search the ranch the dog's were lost at, Cornbread was seen up the road at 5 am. Just missed being found by two hours. Torry got there at 7. I think that morning Cornbread gave up the wait, and heade home. This last wednesday morning Torry called me at 5 am, he had been out all night near the ward ranch area they alway's hunted. I asked if he was ok, I was heade for work, and offered to spell him, and takeover. He said he would continue untill after sunrise, and then go home for a few hour's sleep, and come right back. 8 am that morning I got a text from a good friend he found my great buddy's dog, dead on the road, by Berry's saw mill just a couple miles up the road from the ward ranch, hit by a car. It was the last place Torrey had just looked for him. just a hour or so prior. Such an unfitting end to a dear friend. I had to pull off the road my eyes were so full of tear's. That night I cried myself to sleep it was such a sad ending for such a friend who had a ten day struggle, and fought to the end. He is buried up on the Ward ranch overlooking the river, and the coast. Till the end of our day's there is a new place, it is called Cornbread peak.

lost for words norm ,hardest thing loosing your dog ...when i loose one of me boys ...a part of me dies too, it just wrecks me !!! its so amazing how close we get to our dogs... i feel ya pain boys

Thank's my friend, and yep some wound's never do heal. But them dog's are amazing, and the time they are with us is priceless!

yep ! we are lucky to have them in our life's ..so so true!! even if we can only run with them a short while, but I know me dogs will be waiting loyally on the other side when my time comes brother, and there always with me in spirit!!!!

i hear ya mate, my old friend zakk (me German shepherd ,he's with me in spirit now) saved me from going down the wrong road when i was a teen, If i didn't have him, I wouldn't of had anyone back then ...he kept me coming home at night and kept me of the streets ,i was always in trouble ( Reckless/lawless country boy) he gave me hope and taught me responsibility & unconditional love ,I had to look after him, meaning i had to look after myself so I could look after him....u know how it goes, and even today my German shepherd Riva keeps me safe from myself ...lol a Mans best friend is his dog, that couldn't be more bloody true. if I didn't have me boys Id be lost and reckless all over again..

That is a truly sad story Norm. It is amazing how much of a bond we make with our pets. I feel closer to my pets than I do with most people. I feel your pain, I too lost a great friend. About 5 years ago I stopped home for lunch with my work truck, a big boom truck, right when I was ready to leave I seen the neighbor dog chase my good buddy Carl (a big black cat). I yelled at the dog to go home and he did. I didnt see where Carl went to hide So I pulled away. About a mile down the road I seen my best friend Carl jump out from under the flat bed and go right under the drivers side duals. I had just killed my best friend. I cried. I took the rest of the day off work. It was the saddest day of my life. Life goes on and I miss him. He had a good life.

Thank you my friends, very much. I don't want to drag everyone down, but did need to throw it out. It makes me feel better when I can talk with friends, who understand, and alot of people will live there life not knowing the real friendship of a dog. On a positive note I sold the 51, and at first it was kind of tough it was sentimental. But I realized I am left with 4 top runner's. My trusty 044, my 372, my 660, and 2101, and some older saws that were given to me. The money for the 51 is going to get a cut vest for Jack, and three new protective collars. Then I want to invest in extra first aid gear. So it went for a good cause! The weather is beautifull here, and almost loade the saw's to go cut some wood, and just run em! I am in need of a good saw day giving the saws a good run, and getting some fresh pictures! My dogs love to cut wood with me of course!

Just now read this post. Damn sorry. Been there myself. The day after I had to put my wife in a memory care home because of early onset of Alzheimers I had to put our 13 year lab down because of cancer. Toughest week of my life.

Man this thread tooka a turn to the depressing and I know I didnt help. So anyway how about those 2101's? I had a buddy stop by today that hadn't been here in a long time, he asked me "what do you need that for?" (talking about my 2101xp with 42" bar). I said for cutting trees DUH! I fired it up for him in the shop, he thought it soundes bad a$$, which it does. He has not been to my place since about the beginning of July and at that time I only had about 8 chainsaws now there are about 14 sitting around the shop he asked why do I have all these chainsaws and I said I am on a chainsaw forum on the computer and am getting a very sickening disease that the only known cure is to acquire more chainsaws.

just go's to show friends ,we hard a$$ chainsaw wielding tree felling country boys have heart ...:msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back