2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The man who built the saw had those korks in it and saw preserved. I've kept the korks but prefer to run that saw as much as possible. Always come away with a grin.

Good shiat brother's, thanks for the support. I just told Jeanie it was awesome to be home just here, and I no party's, just chilling together, had some soup cracker's, and hot sauce. Drinking coffee, watching tv, and got a fire burning with wood from a madrone takedown, thanks 2101! Bottom line no place I would rather be then at home with her, and you guy's!!!!! I know I have posted this pic before, but I like it! And it just happens to be the wood burning in my stove as we speak! P.S I love this redwood, it is from the redwood thread, and wanted to share it with those who havent seen it there. I would love that to be in my front yard man!

Happy 2012 muscle saw friends.
995G002.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR:rock::rock::rock: Great picture Jim, I love that saw man! Thing look's like a mean machine! Greg been awhile great to see ya! How is that saw running? Widowmaker good times for sure!!!!

Sweet man! Those air cleaners really give a saw a look of it's own:rock: I see you been looking for a 34in bar, that's what I have on my 2101, funny I dont care for 36in bar's. Just for my height, and the way they feel to me. When I first got the 2101, and was getting part's and getting it fine tuned I had no bar. My buddy had a low hour Oregon bar he thought was a 32. Turned out it was a 34, and I thought I wouldn't care for it. Funny only 2 inches shorter, but it really grew on me, fits the big husky well, and feels good on it. Good stuff on your work bench, and slab nice work:msp_thumbsup:

And to those who thought, and said the 2100's were obsolete!:msp_ohmy::msp_tongue::msp_razz: Still makes me laugh! Ahead of there time is what they were!!:rock: Thats why they are a top dog today!

I agree man, and I bet somebody could find a place that would. Yeah I know it might not be cheap but its worth alot to keep em going. I wonder how far gone they have to be, to make getting them replated not an option?

2101 still running great. There is a thread somewhere in the Bailey's forum about 2100 cylinders. They could get them made but there is a minimum production run of 1000. They say there is not enough demand. I would buy a few if they were as cheap as other cylinders they offer. I have their big bore p&c in my 372 and so far it runs great. I finally rebuilt the carb in that saw and have it dialed in just right.That saw is a real hot rod and light as a feather with little 28" bar on it. Great for limbing.
The 2100 with a 285 p&c on it would not come off the governor at 10500 RPM. I figured it might have a vacuum leak at crank seal and put it aside till I got a new Mityvac. Now I've got the Mityvac but too busy with home reno's to tinker with that saw. I'll have to soon before gas dries up in the carb.
Thanks to this thread I realized I needed new clutches for the 2100's and the 372.I've had to dial the idles way down to get the chains to stop. I'll be getting them on next trip to Victoria. Once idles are back to specs all saws should be much happier.

So it happened. I have three pals all gathered around and i pulled out the big stick.

put saw on ground, flip switch, pull choke, pulled it up into compression for that everlovin' jerk i was about to hit it with.

pull once.

pull twice..snatched the string right out of the starter. dangmeitngit man. put saw back in truck. picked up new starter rope on way home, fixed it. ordered two loops of square skipper.

dang these sae fasteners on a swedish saw...the roaring 80's eh?

HNY!

geez i gotta get a nap. i expect we'll get back into the woods this week...i may put the 24" on and let my faller try the big ole beast (but that also involves a dawgs transplant. ain't no power like horsepower.:msp_tongue: am i rambling agin?

Got a call for help today, from a real good friend of mine. He had a bunch of oak hauled to hi house, been cutting a few day's and said he was out gunned. He has a real nice 254xp, but that's his only saw. He want's to ad a bigger saw to the lineup, but short on cash. So I am going to head over in the next weekend, or so with the fleet, and let him sample saw's! But I told him in this size wood two of mine will be the standouts, 2101 and the 660.

Got a call for help today, from a real good friend of mine. He had a bunch of oak hauled to hi house, been cutting a few day's and said he was out gunned. He has a real nice 254xp, but that's his only saw. He want's to ad a bigger saw to the lineup, but short on cash. So I am going to head over in the next weekend, or so with the fleet, and let him sample saw's! But I told him in this size wood two of mine will be the standouts, 2101 and the 660.

That is some ugly wood. Looks fun to cut, as long as its metal free, not looking fun to split. Good noodling wood. I would like to be there with my 2101.:hmm3grin2orange:

Yep first thing I thought too, meatal or nails. Luckilly this stuff was way up in the mountains, with no houses or anything near by. So hoping they are clean. They had to take some tree's out to build a drilling pad, up at the geysers. Andy if you were closer we could have some fun! That big bar would be sweet!

Latest posts

Back