2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The forestry ranger called me because I had the two 2100’s. The hurricane Gloria came through and took down a maple tree that was over 100+ yo. Monster tree with larger than 24” limbs. The trunk was massive. But there was three large vines on it. Not sure what they were, I waited for heavy rain to cut it up. They needed the road open. With 24” bars on the 2100’s I could just buck the trunk up. The truck was my firewood truck I built from a ‘76 c30 one ton 2wd to 4wd. There was no 30 series 4x4 till ‘77.. I don’t carry wood to the truck I put the truck off road to the wood, that’s professional.
Here's my firewood truck, 79 chevy 1 ton, 12 ft box

20170916_094831s.jpg

Those were some heavy logs
20151024_120307s.jpg

My truck I had 16 leafs in the main, ten in the helper. Ten in the front that’s 72 leaf springs in the truck total. She was rough riding until it was loaded. In the gravel pits I put 16 k of 1 1/4” stone in her.

The local spring shop told me they could raise the GVW to 15 k.(paperwork). With six super swamped tires with lockers f&r she would go anywhere. I originally built it to haul diesel to the equipment. But I found another long term job. I miss working in the forest.

@NORMZILLA44 and anyone else in the "know", where does one now find part number 501 1275 001 Guide for these saws?
The nylon chain guide/buffer, of which four are required.
A quick internet search only found them available in one place in the States at around US$10 a pop, add international shipping to that for four of them and it adds up to near more than I paid for a complete 2100 powerhead!
Are they required, or is it safe enough to run without them?

@NORMZILLA44 and anyone else in the "know", where does one now find part number 501 1275 001 Guide for these saws?
The nylon chain guide/buffer, of which four are required.
A quick internet search only found them available in one place in the States at around US$10 a pop, add international shipping to that for four of them and it adds up to near more than I paid for a complete 2100 powerhead!
Are they required, or is it safe enough to run without them?
https://store.chainsawr.com/collect...cd-chainsaw-chain-slide-new-501-27-50-01-h-45I'm assuming you meant # 501-27-50-01

Shipping rates kiils me try shipping tractor wheel weights by truck. I try to ship usps stuff a box one rate here in the USA. I shipped tractor rear turf tires the ups guy was happy to get them out of his truck. The shipping rates across the pond mush be high.

Shipping rates kiils me try shipping tractor wheel weights by truck. I try to ship usps stuff a box one rate here in the USA. I shipped tractor rear turf tires the ups guy was happy to get them out of his truck. The shipping rates across the pond mush be high.
the real kick in the nuts is when you can buy the product from china with free shipping for 1/10th the price of shipping alone domestically

Try Chinese hutzl shipping, I can’t afford that much. I can’t be too free with my cash. I help my sons with saws and supplies. They help me I help them.

Yep, those are the ones- I may have stuttered an extra 1 and 0 here and there- but that is them. :laugh:
That is half the retail, but I bet the shipping (remembering I am nowhere near the lower 48!) is just as evil.
Seriously thinking about buying one of those nylon kitchen cutting boards and carving a set out of one of those myself.
Have u found one yet? If it was me id prefer to have it on. Never tried to run without it. Have on a 288 ok if I remeber right.

Have u found one yet? If it was me id prefer to have it on. Never tried to run without it. Have on a 288 ok if I remeber right.

No, have not found any for a reasonable retail and shipping yet and will probably end up carving out my own as mentioned above.
My concern with running without them is possible chain rub on to magnesium parts- I mean they are factory fitted for a reason right?
I have lots more to do to this particular power head before I need to worry about chain rub, just filling in time and making parts until some of the ordered bits are freighted in. ;)

Latest posts

Back