2145 bar and chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freak007

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Jonsered 2145 that currently has the original 16" bar and chain on it. The chain has seen better days, and I am thinking about replacing it with an 18", but I'm wondering if this saw has the power to effectively run a 18" bar when limbing and blocking up deadfall (mostly white oak and pine, much of it in the 18-24" range) I am leaning toward the Bailey's 20SC or 20NK chain. Ultimately I want to add a 65+cc saw with a 20-24" bar to toolbox, but for the time being I would like to start with a longer bar on the one I have...

Thanks

That's kind of what I was afraid of... Will running the .325 narrow kerf chain make enough of a difference to allow it to be efficient with the 18"?

For reference, I also have a 51cc Remington "Rodeo" that wears an 18" bar and as long as the chain is sharp and I am not in a hurry it does fairly well with what I do. Im not sure what the power rating is on that saw though...

Again it will be fine in softwood, marginal in hardwood. But I do believe the NK will definitely be better than the standard chain.

Back