2152 or 280 or 260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, did a quick test run on both saws today just for the heck of it.. Had a small tree that needed to come down -- about a 8" diameter maple. Its the first time the 2153 was run, so obviously, needs break in time. The chain is what came on the saw, unmarked, but the shop said it definitely is a good chain (not a safety chain). The chain on my dolmar is getting dull -- Still cuts well, but noticeably worse than it was at the beginning of weekend. So for these results, I was happy with the 2153, but not impressed. It bogged quite a few times, mostly if you tried to put any weight on it. Cutting wise, probably was a few seconds slower than the 5100 going through 7-8".. Not the best test, as the 53 still needs breaking in, and I am unsure of the chain (I have some chisel chains on order), and a larger tree would be a better test.. But there is no question that the 5100 handled and cut better today.. considering its $100 cheaper saw, and not a new chain, I wasn't expecting there to be a clear favorite. Hopefully for my father's, and my wallet's sake, the 53 will get a little grunt as it breaks in.

Latest posts

Back