2165 oiler problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullchisel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
2165 oiler problem.how far can you turn the oiler screw open? the manual says 1-4 turns.when open 4 turns it uses only a half a tank of oil to one tank of gas.the chain is always dry.20 inch bar.i took it back to the dealer and he gave it back opened up 8 turns.could that damage the oiler?

More oil = good

Be careful with this model - they recently changed the adjustable oiler to a 3 position adjuster instead of a "wind out" style. Unfortunately they never changed the owners manual. If you have a newer saw with a 3 position oiler and have wound it out, you may have rooted it --> i.e. no oil!

Look at the crankcase for 3 markings to find out

Good luck

I don't remember offhand, but I didn't think it would go 8 turns out on the older oiler. I would empty the oil tank and clean the oiler filter out, I'd bet you have some wood chips or something in there causing blockage. Take the clutch cover off and make sure the tube isn't cracked or worn.

I didn't think it would go 8 either

The new style would be broken at the forth click as two of my customers just found out the hard way.

I wonder if perhaps there is some confusion between half turn and full turn of the old oiler screw

The new style would be broken at the forth click as two of my customers just found out the hard way.

I wonder if perhaps there is some confusion between half turn and full turn of the old oiler screw

my 2150 has shows 123 for clicks.the 2165 has + or - .do you turn it by clicks or full turns.i was turning it by clicks.about 3 clicks for a full turn.

2165 oiler problem.how far can you turn the oiler screw open? the manual says 1-4 turns.when open 4 turns it uses only a half a tank of oil to one tank of gas.the chain is always dry.20 inch bar.i took it back to the dealer and he gave it back opened up 8 turns.could that damage the oiler?

The oiler on my Jred 2171 is a + -, and is 3 3/4 - 4 turn in 1/4 clicks from stop to stop
attachment.php

On a 24" bar I use 3 1/2 turns out on the oiler
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back