2186 or 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like the angle of the rope coming out of that Jonny. Seems like it would be less effective drop starting.

and get some dawgs on it too.

Last edited:
I looked at a picture of the 441 taken from behind it in the new Stihl catalog the other night my first reaction was "man that looks like a giant Tick" bet i runs good though ,,,,,
Take the Jred even though the front handle is angled wrong you wont have to be embarrassed when using it with other people around you :)

Last edited:
you better get out to the barn and apologize to your favorite saw for the disparaging comment peacock!

lol

that 2186 would look better if it had bigger dawgs on it.

lol

It's got thick skin, at least that would explain the weight!

Yes, that is their lame excuse for it....:biggrinbounce2: :laugh: :laugh:

Troll, Troll, Troll...Jred needs no 'excuse' for their properly angled handlebar.

For it is just that way that GOD INTENDED THEM TO BE ON A CHAINSAW!!!

(Careful, everyone...I just invoked God to SawTroll...it's gonna get ugly in here before it gets better...:D)

Close, but I think I go with the 441 even with the bubblebutt. A little less busy. (Though I think my 880 is much prettier. :) ) The camera postion is less flattering on the 441 (e.g. camera too close).

On the 2186 I don't like the aesthetics of looking so much "grillwork" onto the black near the top of the saw although overall a more stylish design.

Ever notice on cars, historically you can tell how expensive a car is by how well designed the grill is? It's changing a little recently as the low priced cars are finally getting "smart" enough to copy better grills.

Last edited:
dont get me wrong they are both good saw's but the jred looks like an exotic sports car and the stihl look's like a boxy volvo.

Back