2186 or 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah cary, i meant no disrespect to the stihl, but you hafta admit is rather boxy compared to the jonsered. i have run both and if i could get over the looks i'd buy the stihl but it isn't safe to cut wood with your eye's closed so i'd stick with the jonsered.

I use to not like the looks of a jred but they are kinda growing on me. I still got to lean toward the Stihl though.

Don't listen to what I say, I think the 076 is a great looking saw. No, I don't have a moped and I'm not into heavy....., well there was that one time.........

These are great!

No disrespect taken these are great comments! I owned a 2065 for 7 years and the thing never got noticed. Granted the 441 is the left coast version, anyone who sees it always comments on it. Theres something about the 441 I like, kind of european looking with the traditional look of a larger saw. Upon its arrival at the dealership, they never saw a wrap handle and were taken back by its appearence. Had a group of employees standing around checking it out. Being from detroit, dealers dont know what a wrap handle is. Thanks again Dan!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AR200
I use to not like the looks of a jred but they are kinda growing on me. I still got to lean toward the Stihl though.

how about dolmar 7900. it resembles a hybrid of both saws.

Yea I like the looks of them too they all look good. The felling dogs look flemzy on the dolmar. I guess i just like the orange and white colors. I never really understood why anyone would buy a 441 over a 460 though same weight more power with the 460. I guess the lower cost and better air filtration of the 441 would be a major plus. The 044 I run sometimes is a pain you have to change or brush out the filter every couple of tanks on dead wood.

See here?? I just found it in the bible!! (with my apologies to Python fans everywhere...)

A reading from the book of Sawlms:

And the Lord said, "Goeth and vanquish thine forest enemies with thine righteous saws, which being in my sight, haveth their handlebars straight unto thy felling direction. And for the heathen, woe betideth they who goeth into the dealerships in Virginny, where thou shalt be set upon by BeElvisZebub, who admittedly I went nuts on with the whole 'jawbone of an ass' bit, but still...a fool and his money soon parteth." In thy mercy.

And by the way...4 out of 5 clergymen choose Jonsered. (The fifth was a Unitarian...)

On the fifth day sayth the Lord let there be but one saw, one above all,
A machine of greatness and glory sold only by fine men like Mr.Hall.

So upon the earth the saw was made, it was to be and it came to pass,
The saw was a Stihl and Woodie forever and ever had to kiss Tom's azz.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

On the fifth day sayth the Lord let there be but one saw, one above all,
A machine of greatness and glory sold only by fine men like Mr.Hall.

So upon the earth the saw was made, it was to be and it came to pass,
The saw was a Stihl and Woodie forever and ever had to kiss Tom's azz.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Now that thar is a goodn':clap:

Latest posts

Back